Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Cringe

Whats the phrase? Money talks and wealth whispers? 

Still, compared to their previous owners, he must seem like Jesus Christ! 

• Haha 2

Whilst the results have gone in favour of sha today and of course given them hope for survival, I am sure its not over yet.

It would be wonderful to see them thinking that they are safe now, and then be relegated at the end of the last match of the season.

However would we sooner see them as the perennial turds that don't flush every season, or be a big fish in league 1 and possibly do well in that league?

• Like 1

There's still hope, they're only a point clear with three games left to play

small heath: Rotherham (a), Huddersfield (a), Norwich (h)

Wednesday: Blackburn (a), West Brom (h), Sunderland (a)

Huddersfield: Swansea (h), small heath (h) Ipswich (a)

Looking at those they're probably favorites now, but whilst it's still as close as it is nothing ca be ruled out

Just now, delboy54 said:

Whilst the results have gone in favour of sha today and of course given them hope for survival, I am sure its not over yet.

It would be wonderful to see them thinking that they are safe now, and then be relegated at the end of the last match of the season.

However would we sooner see them as the perennial turds that don't flush every season, or be a big fish in league 1 and possibly do well in that league?

As far away from any sort of challenge to the prem as possible please. Go down to league 1 and they're at least 5 years off any challenge I reckon.

They stay up and put in a big bid for Stansfield that Fulham foolishly accept and suddenly there's a 15-20 goal striker straight away for them so only takes them getting another 3-4 signings right and they'll be in play off contention you imagine if Mowbray returns.

We've seen loads of teams do that in the championship, scramble safety one season and then finish top 6 the next (Huddersfield, Barnsley, Luton etc).

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

As far away from any sort of challenge to the prem as possible please. Go down to league 1 and they're at least 5 years off any challenge I reckon.

They stay up and put in a big bid for Stansfield that Fulham foolishly accept and suddenly there's a 15-20 goal striker straight away for them so only takes them getting another 3-4 signings right and they'll be in play off contention you imagine if Mowbray returns.

We've seen loads of teams do that in the championship, scramble safety one season and then finish top 6 the next (Huddersfield, Barnsley, Luton etc).

They're experts in finding ways to shoot themselves in the feet, something will go hilariously wrong next season as well I'm sure. 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Looking at those they're probably favorites now, but whilst it's still as close as it is nothing ca be ruled out

Huddersfield were in a fantastic position until the ref robbed them but now you'd make SHA big favourites to stay up with the gimme at Rotherham and Norwich with nothing to play for.

Fulham might keep Stansfield, if they do sell him, there will probably be other PL interest, he won't be cheap either, going rate for an England U21 forward is £20m plus. Will take much more than him to improve these, they're in a relegation battle with him in the team. They need pretty much a new team to have any chance of a promotion challenge next season, they're probably a few seasons way from that, and that's if they do well in the transfer market in the meantime, from what I've seen from Wagner and Cook can see them going for attention grabbing signings over a more sensible approach

Edited by useless

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They're experts in finding ways to shoot themselves in the feet, something will go hilariously wrong next season as well I'm sure. 

Who knows? They eventually got it right for many years under Sullivan, Gold and Brady and they were in a terrible state in the early 90s.

It's time they went down to league 1 anyway given some of their ridiculous escapes over the last decade under terrible ownership.

• Like 1

He might be legitimate in a business sense, that seems to be the case, but the more I see of that Wagner the more he reminds me of a XIa type in terms of personality, other than Delia Smith, real serious owners don't go around doing crazy stuff like that, they stay quiet in the background

1 minute ago, useless said:

He might be legitimate in a business sense, that seems to be the case, but the more I see of that Wagner the more he reminds me of a XIa type in terms of personality, other than Delia Smith, real serious owners don't go around doing crazy stuff like that, they stay quiet in the background

Camera panned in on him after the first goal and he was getting out of his seat singing whatever they were.

He is certainly Xia in loving the attention he's getting from owning them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

colin-jost-flush.gif

• Haha 1

The one thing that comforts me about this is, even if they don't flush, the anxiety they have doesn't lessen. You don't become accustomed to relegation scraps, they suck the same: checking the results of 14 other teams even on week 1, calculating what your team has to do to survive. There is no joy in results going your way, only relief at holding off the hangman.

They've got 3 more fixtures before they can devote themselves to their real favorite team: Anyone But Villa.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Why are Coventry resting O'Hare?!!!🤦‍♂️

Ran the show against SHA in December and they don't play Man. United for another 8 days.

Been dreadful this half and their forwards have barely had a touch (don't think Mark Robins was expecting Rowett to go 4-4-2 for this).

Sigh.

He seems to have said he will leave on a free in the summer to Celtic so probably freezing him out

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

I think have heard Wes Edens speak once and never Sawiris. Not even sure when they arrive at games

This guy is a character in the wrong sense

• Like 1

One of the owners of my MLS club would post on Twitter that "beer corner" was open and would pull beers and banter with the "supporters section." That's the kind of enthusiasm you like.

That was nice.

When I see someone come out in a sportscoat which is the primary color of their sports team? Yeah that triggers the douchebag alarm. Mark Cuban used to be this way, he eventually figured it out.

• Like 1

Â