Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Brilliant they lost last minute to burst Rowett's second spell.

However feels like Sheff Weds and Huddersfield will both contrive to mess up endless chances to get above them. I'm sure Sheff Weds had a really good winning spell not so long ago and now they're messing up 1-0 leads over mid table teams which doesn't really bode well for the run in.

• Like 1

It would be proppa blooze mate if they went down the same season that Tom Brady and the Hedge Fund possé rode into town (for a pint) to give them fresh hope in their shiny new Stans @ JLR stadium.

But....yeah.....the turd that just won't flush....🙄

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just looking at the table and the fixtures, if they lose to Preston, it’s likely they’ll then lose to Leicester and the teams around them will all pick up a fair amount of points by virtue of playing each other and easier sides.

The Preston game at home is massive for them.

What will decide it is the run they have of Cardiff at home and Rotherham and Huddersfield away.

Think Cardiff have a pretty good record at the Sty in recent times but essentially it's a mid table club with nothing to play for, as we know down the years that's the sort of game you simply must win to stay up in a run in.

Rotherham will be relegated on Monday although it would be hilarious if they got something off SHA. Actually could happen as they got a draw when Rooney was there and very often relegated sides play a bit better once the pressure is off and relegation is confirmed.

I think looking at the fixtures they'll finish on 46 or 47 points so have to see if Sheff Weds or Huddersfield have got three wins in them from the last seven.

No idea what's happened to Leicester but hopefully they'll refocus and put 3 or 4 past SHA next weekend as could do with their GD taking a big hit aswell.

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Leicester have been pretty rubbish for a few weeks now tbh, and they have just dropped out of the automatic promotion places, after having a decent gap.

last 6 Championship games, won 2, drawn 1, lost 3.

Guess they want to evade that premier league points deduction....

I watched SHA-Leicester around the xmas period and SHA couldn't deal with the pace of Leicester's attackers at all so it will be one of those games where Rowett fines any of them if they cross the halfway line in the first hour. Will be all 10 defending in a very low block but I'd still expect Leicester to win that reasonably comfortably.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

The Rotherham fixture is a huge help, they should be safe with 2 wins, pretty much definitely 2 wins and a draw. So they just need to win that, and get a win from Cardiff or Preston at home or Huddersfield away. I think they'll get what they need unfortunately. 

Sheff Weds run in isn't that bad. Right at the end of the season they have West Brom who'll likely be resting players having already secured play offs and then Sunderland on the last day with nothing to play for. Stoke at home is also a huge one for them and very winnable.

Huddersfield completely lost form but their three home games left are Millwall, Swansea and SHA. 7 points from that and maybe pick something up away (although them away to Ipswich isn't a great final day fixture at all).

I think 45-46 points is a little bit low to be confident of staying up, bit like saying 34 points will be enough to stay up in the prem instead of pushing on to try to reach 40 points.

Ultimately they are in terrible form since Mowbray's illness, I think it's 1 point in 8 league matches now so that's really not easy to snap out of and four of their last seven are against teams either in or going for the top 6 so one of the tougher ones left.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Mid 40’s has been sufficient for survival in recent years, although in 19/20 Charlton went down on 48.

After 39 games they were 18th on 45 points.

In recent seasons plenty have had big points deductions. Think Reading lost 6 points around this time last year which condemned them. Without that Cardiff on 49 points would've actually gone down.

And previously Sheff Weds and Derby also suffered that fate. Derby actually would've finished on 55 points when they got relegated, Sheff Weds 47 points.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Guess they want to evade that premier league points deduction....

I watched SHA-Leicester around the xmas period and SHA couldn't deal with the pace of Leicester's attackers at all so it will be one of those games where Rowett fines any of them if they cross the halfway line in the first hour. Will be all 10 defending in a very low block but I'd still expect Leicester to win that reasonably comfortably.

That's all they need to be fair. Rowett to play ancient football with no effort to score at all and try and get 5 0-0 draws

It'll go to the final day and Hogan will score to keep them up 100%

Edited by VillaJ100

I watched much of their game yesterday, and there really wasn't much difference from how they had been playing with Venus in charge, that is they were really really poor, which surprised me, I remember a few seasons back them bringing in Bowyer at a similar stage in the season and with them being in a similar position, he isn't a great manager, but he had an immediate impact, with them suddnly working a lot harder than they had been, and being more pragmatic in their approach, as a means to scrape as many points as possible, was expecting similar from them after Rowett appointment, but no signs of it against QPR

Passage of play that typified them is one of their players was played through and put in a good position where he could have made something happen, but instead of doing so he let the ball go out of play thinking he would get a corner, not sure why, as in that moment he was in a more beneficial position than a corner would have been and it wasn't obvious that it would have been a corner, the referee in fact didn't give a corner, and QPR scored their winner from the goalkick

Two tough games coming up, Preston have lost just one in ten and going for the Play-Offs, Leicester on the other hand have been in bad form, but even so should have more than enough to beat these

So basically 2 from 4 of Huddersfield, Wednesday, SHA and Plymouth.

Still reckon they'll escape, they have a gimme against Rotherham and then they probably only need another 4-5 points.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

Two tough games coming up, Preston have lost just one in ten and going for the Play-Offs, Leicester on the other hand have been in bad form, but even so should have more than enough to beat these

maybe this is why UB40 are playing this weekend

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

So basically 2 from 4 of Huddersfield, Wednesday, SHA and Plymouth.

Still reckon they'll escape, they have a gimme against Rotherham and then they probably only need another 4-5 points.

Over the last 10 games, Blues have got 7 points.  The only teams in worse form are Plymouth (5 points) and Rotherham (1 point).  The other side in the relegation battle to play Rotherham by the end of the season?  Plymouth.

Huddersfield have 11 over the last 10, Sheff Wed have 16.

Huddersfield's run in doesn't look great BUT their next two games are away at Stoke and home to Millwall; both sides who were recently right down there and have slightly pulled away.  There's chances there.  Meanwhile, Blues play at home to Preston (4th in the form table) and then away at Leicester (9th, despite their poor form all things considered).  Sheff Wed play away at Middlesbrough and then away at QPR - neither very easy for then, but Boro have stopped and ground out two pretty dull draws recently.  Plymouth play Bristol City at home then Rotherham away, Blackburn play Sunderland away and then Southampton at home.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Blues second bottom after those two games for everyone... and then it becomes a real mental test.  I think bringing Rowett back is a decent move by them; but they're right in the shit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, imavillan said:

stolen from FB...........................................................................................mate

spacer.png

Mate. Sell out gig mate. 250 thousand outside can't get in mate. Bronx Hat on every seat mate. No DVB's allowed in mate.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Haha 2

Sadly Plymouth seems to be dropping like a stone terminally. They really needed a win yesterday. They seem to get goals but just have like a weakness in their team. I really hope they can survive at blues expense

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Sadly Plymouth seems to be dropping like a stone terminally. They really needed a win yesterday. They seem to get goals but just have like a weakness in their team. I really hope they can survive at blues expense

They lost their manager and several key first team players over winter.

They were letting goals in under Schumacher because were very attacking and were doing well winning some high scoring games.

Under Foster they've gone more defensive and stopped scoring as much, but have continued shipping goals.

Rumours growing he's heading for the sack.

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The Rotherham fixture is a huge help, they should be safe with 2 wins, pretty much definitely 2 wins and a draw. So they just need to win that, and get a win from Cardiff or Preston at home or Huddersfield away. I think they'll get what they need unfortunately. 

They have only picked up 1 point from their last 7 games, 2 wins from their last 7 is a big ask for them. Perhaps this will be their year after all?🤞

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, John said:

They have only picked up 1 point from their last 7 games, 2 wins from their last 7 is a big ask for them. Perhaps this will be their year after all?🤞

They always shithouse their way out of trouble somehow.

• Like 1

Â