Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I imagine that’s part of the appeal in hiring Rooney. 

That’s the appeal no doubt and the same reason why we appointed Gerrard. I hope his ability as a manager is equally similar. Coach Rooney, the king of soccerball!

43 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Funny how blose are not getting getting crucified by it the media but when we sacked gerrard all we got was criticism for it at the time.  Gerrard deserved the sack more than eustace did

That's just not true at all.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Does the Second City rivalry extend beyond football? Like, do the two areas of Birmingham sort of not like each other in other ways, too, or is the just a football thing? Is it rooted in class or ethnic differences, or strictly sport? I find it pretty mysterious. 

I would say 'no, not at all'. Birmingham fans sometimes make arguments that seem to be rooted in class - that's the subtext of 'we drink in town, they're all from the shires' - but if that ever was true in the past it's not a meaningful difference today. 

(I know and talk regularly to precisely two Birmingham fans, one of whom teaches English at a university and the other recently retired from a career of being non-executive director at a series of small building societies)

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

On sha forum a thread titled "we have.." is actually turning into a homage to us and our bedsheets protest skills !

Very amusing 😃

They hardly ever get chance to get the bed sheets out,the club sacks managers when they're doing ok! 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Does the Second City rivalry extend beyond football? Like, do the two areas of Birmingham sort of not like each other in other ways, too, or is the just a football thing? Is it rooted in class or ethnic differences, or strictly sport? I find it pretty mysterious. 

Well I haven't lived in Brum since I was eighteen, but I'd say 'no'. For one thing there aren't 'two areas' in the city as you seem to think - it's not as cut-and-dried as 'north poor, south rich', or anything like that, it's far more of a patchwork. In fact the three football grounds - Villa Park, St Andrews and The Hawthorns - are all fairly close to each other, on the north side of the city. While there are obviously 'hotspots' of support for each club in certain area, you'll find a mix of fans in all parts. I grew up in south Birmingham, and there were fans of all three clubs at my school. Influencing factors are more likely to be family tradition and/or friends. My Dad was an 'expat' Irish scouser, who followed BCFC because of a bet with a mate when he first came to Brum (City hammered Liverpool with a fluke result). I only support Villa because the first friend I made at primary school happened to be a Villa fan. Could have gone either way (phew). So, unless things have changed, no - we're all just Brummies. United by hometown, divided by football loyalties. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Funny how blose are not getting getting crucified by it the media but when we sacked gerrard all we got was criticism for it at the time.  Gerrard deserved the sack more than eustace did

I'd had rather have employed Eustace over that fraud.

13 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Just got in to discover them lot down the road have pulled the trigger on a manager who has them punching above their weight...

:crylaugh:

You couldn't make this up.

Mate

Gary Rowett all over again.

I don't think appointing Rooney in of itself is that strange, he seems to unfairly get categorized alongside the likes of Lamps and Gerrard these days because of being ex famous England internationals like them and from the same era, but he did a pretty good job at Derby, if it wasn't for their points deduction they would have stayed up comfortably, and this was with a depleted squad much of it made up of academy players, he was actually getting a lot of praise on here at the time for the good job he was going, peep the Derby thread to it's true; where maybe his job at Derby can be questioned is how much of it was to do with him, some say it was more down to LIam Rosenior, but I've no idea abou that, other than that Rosenior does indeed seem to be an highly rated coach in his own regard and now doing well at Hull.

But Rooney didn't do so well that sacking Eustace for him makes sense, as Eustace was obviously doing a very good job, their team is nowhere near top six quality, they were overachieving, to sack him is a very strange decision, not only was he doing well with them, but has a good reputation as football coach in the game in general, he will get another job in the Championship, or end up in the England set-up.

The timing is strange too as they've got a difficult run of games coming up, not the ideal start for any new manager, they could have let Eustace have those games, likely wouldn't have done so well and then they wouldn't have got as much criticism for making a change and a new manager would have an easier run of opening games.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think appointing Rooney in of itself is that strange, he seems to unfairly get categorized alongside the likes of Lamps and Gerrard these days because of being ex famous England internationals like them and from the same era, but he did a pretty good job at Derby, if it wasn't for their points deduction they would have stayed up comfortably, and this was with a depleted squad much of it made up of academy players, he was actually getting a lot of praise on here at the time for the good job he was going, peep the Derby thread to it's true; where maybe his job at Derby can be questioned is how much of it was to do with him, some say it was more down to LIam Rosenior, but I've no idea abou that, other than that Rosenior does indeed seem to be an highly rated coach in his own regard and now doing well at Hull.

But Rooney didn't do so well that sacking Eustace for him makes sense, as Eustace was obviously doing a very good job, their team is nowhere near top six quality, they were overachieving, to sack him is a very strange decision, not only was he doing well with them, but has a good reputation as football coach in the game in general, he will get another job in the Championship, or end up in the England set-up.

The timing is strange too as they've got a difficult run of games coming up, not the ideal start for any new manager, they could have let Eustace have those games, likely wouldn't have done so well and then they wouldn't have got as much criticism for making a change and a new manager would have an easier run of opening games.

Anyway taking this back in subject.

Yeah good points useless.  The silly fools who made this decision now have a major problem. They lie 6th. So if rooney doesnt match or better that the season will be deemed a failure and they shouldnt have sacked eustace

The second shrek walks in he is under huge pressure

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I'd take Eustace as the next Irish manager if Kenny's contract is not renewed.

He is a good manager. Rooney got a lot of credit at Derby but Liam Rosenior was the brains of the operation.

He was Ireland coach under Kenny

So after mashing the self-destruct button with their deformed fists to get rid of a manager that was actually starting get a decent tune out of them, they now have the disappointment of seeing the UK & Ireland win the bid for the 2028 Euros. Meaning their closest chance of seeing their boy Jude in England action will be at Vile Park! Home of the spawny DVBs, painted in sickening claret and blue and decorated with all the hallmarks of a successful history. That will really piss them off :D

• Like 1

Bit risky for the new owners this. By all accounts the players loved Eustace. The fans did too. I mean Rooney may turn out to be great, but it's not like Eustace hasn't already performed almost miracles polishing the biggest turd going. He will get a good job elsewhere.

Â