Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

37 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why is my licence fee being spent on them? 

Won’t they have subsidised your licence fee by buying official British Broadcasting Corporation merchandise?

39 minutes ago, brommy said:

Won’t they have subsidised your licence fee by buying official British Broadcasting Corporation merchandise?

I assumed it was something to do with their awards night. 

Whey they played Hudderfield at home earlier this season they had some sort of Peaky Blinders promotional day to tie in with the new series, they changed their name back to small heath on social media, staff were dressed up like characters from the show, the players walked out to the Peaky Blinders theme music, and those BBC Peaky Blinders scarves were left on the seats. DIdn't help them in the game though as they lost 2-0.

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, useless said:

Whey they played Hudderfield at home earlier this season they had some sort of Peaky Blinders promotional day to tie in with the new series, they changed their name back to small heath on social media, staff were dressed up like characters from the show, the players walked out to the Peaky Blinders theme music, and those BBC Peaky Blinders scarves were left on the seats. DIdn't help them in the game though as they lost 2-0.

I remember this, A genetical spawn of that harridan Polly did not get the said scarf which prompted a call to Daz the spaz on the phone in to complain bitterly about it 🤣

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They cant be worse than this current lot 

I remember a lot of people saying that about Xia when he was taking over from Lerner

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe anyone is willing to buy them for 35million

That means the current owners are writing off tens of millions they have ploughed into them, plus the buyers are willing to buy the asbestos ridden rusted steel ground that is too dangerous to house supporters

At the same time derby, who could be purchased as more viable asset surely

Just doesn't add up to me 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I remember a lot of people saying that about Xia when he was taking over from Lerner

To be fair to Xia, he (or whoever he was a front for) got in and invested, saved us from becoming Sunderland with some sorely needed cash and then he (they) got out just in time for us to not go bust due to mismanagement.

Plus he did a much better job of selling us to the right person than Custodian-With-A-Tattoo Lerner did.

Don't get me wrong, he was a fraud. He was absolutely awful. Should never have passed the fit & proper test. We were incredibly lucky we managed to get away with not being wound up because of just how awful and fraudulent he was. 

But it could've been much worse had they clung on like the Fraudsters in Small Heath have. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Plus he did a much better job of selling us to the right person than Custodian-With-A-Tattoo Lerner did.

More luck than judgement, he'd have turned us over to anyone who could stump up the cash

• Like 1

John Percy reporting the takeover now

'Birmingham City are on the verge of a £32 million takeover, but the future of manager Lee Bowyer is in doubt. A British businessman has been granted exclusivity over a purchase of the Championship club and is conducting due diligence, with sources hopeful of a deal being concluded within the next four weeks. It is understood the potential UK-based buyer is working with financial expert Keith Harris, who has been appointed by Birmingham’s current ownership, Birmingham Sports Holdings Ltd, to help complete a sale. Talks are expected to start soon with the Football League, who will require proof of funds and the buyer to pass the owner and directors’ test. It is understood the buyer has no links to former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley or Maxi López, the ex-Barcelona forward.'

Telegraph

3 minutes ago, useless said:

John Percy reporting the takeover now

'Birmingham City are on the verge of a £32 million takeover, but the future of manager Lee Bowyer is in doubt. A British businessman has been granted exclusivity over a purchase of the Championship club and is conducting due diligence, with sources hopeful of a deal being concluded within the next four weeks. It is understood the potential UK-based buyer is working with financial expert Keith Harris, who has been appointed by Birmingham’s current ownership, Birmingham Sports Holdings Ltd, to help complete a sale. Talks are expected to start soon with the Football League, who will require proof of funds and the buyer to pass the owner and directors’ test. It is understood the buyer has no links to former Newcastle owner Mike Ashley or Maxi López, the ex-Barcelona forward.'

Telegraph

Good news really. Very few UK buyers are going to be super wealthy AND spend a shed load on them.  Ticking over at best is what they'll get. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I've seen some of their fans getting their hopes up that it's going to be Jim Ratcliffe.

I nearly added to my post above that he would be the one worry but I still can't see him splashing multi millions on them. It's just not worth it. They have a ceiling that's never going to be exceeded,  not without multi decades of serious investment. 

Unless it’s a different Keith Harris (and not the one with the little duck), he’s been involved with sha’s takeovers before.

The investment bank Seymour Pierce has effectively taken control of Birmingham City and could put it up for sale after the club's owner, Carson Yeung, failed to pay a £2.2m fee to the bank.

Last month, Seymour Pierce, the company chaired by Keith Harris, sued to recover the fee it said it was owed for laying the groundwork for Yeung's takeover of the club.

Guardian link

I doubt it's Ratcliffe, as this takeover has apparently been in the works for months now, and Ratcliffe was only quoted five days ago as 'not giving up' on buying Chelsea.

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's absolutely no chance of it being Jim Ratcliffe.

There's more chance of it being Daniel Radcliffe.

Thanks, that's wizard news. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Â