Match Thread: West Brom v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

BBC crying their eyes out that Hause’s wasn’t a red. His foot was probably half the distance from the floor as Livermore’s, completely different challenges and correct calls for me.

On Bt sport they just said that it was yellow and moved on.

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

3) Grealish is so much better on the left. I've said it before, but for any player that thrives on dictacting tempo and driving forward, it's lovely to have a safe zone when moving inwards. Right now he looks lost. 

Agree. Would put Ramsey in the middle and move Grealish to the left.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think Livermore's was worse, but Hause's could have easily been a red. His studs go in to the Albion's player ankle ffs.

Don’t think there was any intent it was just clumsy and late. I do think the majority of outrage is because it’s came straight after the Livermore dismissal, that doesn’t happen and you don’t see much fuss about the call. 

• Like 3

I am pleasantly surprised and kind of happy Ghazi has ended his goal drought properly now. Was a tough goal to make happen when you tap in dragging your four foot behind you off a gorgeous cross by Traore.

Traore has been outstanding and all over the place.

Team as a whole is doing the job but we are still lacking proper cutting edge.

7 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He’s got 6 goals in 10 PL apps.

He’s not a technical genius, he’s a workhorse who keeps making clever runs and drags the defence all over the place. He’s playing well IMO. Things just not coming off for him atm, but they will.

Another way of seeing it though is he only scored or assisted from open play in 2 games, so you can see why some questions are being raised. 

Not skating him, just trying to see both sides of the argument 

You can see Traore is working a lot harder today and it seems to be helping the link up with Cash. They look great together so far tonight, that bit of interplay where they were giving the ball back to each other was lovely, 5/6 interchanges between them both took us from our own half right up to there byline. Love it.