Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

I've spent my afternoon prepping dinner for tomorrow, I've made a nut/lentil wellington type thing from scratch, including the puff pastry, and braised red cabbage and red onion in wine. Homemade mushroom gravy, and stuffing. Tomorrow I've just got to peel the veg and chuck everything in the oven.

• Like 4

Veg is all prepped.   I'll be up early to get the turkey ready and in the oven,  then over to collect my dad for the day.  That means no drinking for me until 8pm ish and then not a lot cuz I've got to take my son back to his mom's Boxing Day. 

Merry Christmas all my fellow VT'ers.  Have a fantastic one!!

Just now, mjmooney said:

In case nobody's noticed, Paddington 2 is on BBC1 atm. Great movie. 

Busy watching The Snowman on the other channel. First time I’ve watched it in years and it’s lovely but I know at some point that little welsh kid is going to start singing. 

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Busy watching The Snowman on the other channel. First time I’ve watched it in years and it’s lovely but I know at some point that little welsh kid is going to start singing. 

Yes, that's another good one (ideally back-to-back with the Raymond Briggs "Father Christmas"). And if it helps, it isn't the Welsh kid on the Snowman soundtrack, it's an English kid. Aled Jones' hit single was a cover version. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

Yes, that's another good one (ideally back-to-back with the Raymond Briggs "Father Christmas"). And if it helps, it isn't the Welsh kid on the Snowman soundtrack, it's an English kid. Aled Jones' hit single was a cover version. 

Who knew? 
(probably everyone). 
;)

9 minutes ago, choffer said:

Who knew? 
(probably everyone). 
;)

No-one remembers poor Peter Auty! 

His voice had broken by the time the single came to be recorded I think. 

Its one of those useless pieces of trivia that I retain in my brain but the same brain can't remember my password to my O2 account. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends, family and fellow VT posters they just copy and paste some random shit and send it on.

Better than those who can't be arsed to write anything and just post up. A gif. 

Anyway:

69db9007e10498d4938850408a267273.gif

Just went for a walk with the dog and took the kids too to wear them out a bit. Couple of streets round one of the neighbours has bit created a grotto n the drive, full Santa outfit, snow machine, Christmas music. Giving out sweets to the kids. What a hero.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Paddington 2 might be overlooked by the cool kids but its really very good. 

Absolutely. A rare example of a sequel that's better than its predecessor. 

• Like 1

The summit of original Santas.
"Santas" of Northern Russia: on very left, Yamal Iri, the "White Elder" of the Yamal Peninsula, belonging to the indigenous Nentsi people; Second from the left is Russian Ded Moroz himself; Third from the left Chyskhaan, the "Bull Man" of the Sakha people of Yakutia, in Northern Siberia; next one, the lady, is Tugeni Eneken, "Mother Winter", of the Evenki and other tundra nomads; after her is the visiting official Santa Claus of Finland; and then Pokkaine, the youngish "Santa" of the ethnic Karelian people.
Photo: Vladimir Sevrinovski

FB_IMG_1608835872117.jpg

• Like 2

Â