Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Oh I agree with everything you say (apart from Davis 😉).  If you look at our team then really only Jack and Emi arent really replaceable with better players in the world in my opinion.  We also know some of our players have still room to grow massively like Ollie has a very very bright future and continues to get better every game especially with his attitude.

I agree that people see things very differently, not only how they see the game but also the individual themselves, from age, to background, to experience.  It's one of the great things about football and for me I love football because it ice breaks so many conversations in business situations that I've been fortunate to have around the world.  I remember I had a meeting in Hong Kong about a deal and I was very nervous as I was one of the junior members of the team but the clients heard my accent and asked about football and then that opened/broke the ice and we chatted about that and that made the an easy entrance into the deal discussions.......and football does that because there are so many different view points, favourites and discussion points.  So I love it.

I think the more modern thing of trolling gets my goat a bit, especially I see from some on this forum and I try to block that out but there are definitely times when you have to believe some people are on the wind up.

As for Davis I would probably be on this forum the most delighted if he was successful.  For a couple of decades I went down and watched the younger teams and reserves before I went to Australia to live for a while.  I loved watching the kids progress through the levels and then get the first team start.  We've had so many false dawns of a player that looked so good and then got to the first team and just didnt work out.  You see the club hang onto those players longer than they should because it is somebody that has come through the ranks, when it's doing neither the club or the player any good.  Davis for me is one of those players that should've been out on loan for the last couple of years building his confidence and abilities up but now he's at the point of what!  I want him to go to another club and have a great career and haunt us like Cahill did.

The future is so bright and that's why post Southampton game on here was surreal.  We have been the best team most season, we werent on Saturday but we dug out a result....lucky maybe, but we dug it out.  A team is best judge when up against it in terms of character and we had character that game.  I came on here and for 24 hours felt like we had lost.  We should be proud that we play well generally, we have improved massively and for one of the first times we showed we could dig in against a really good team in Southampton.  Yes we can keep on improving and we will, just felt it was a little bizarre for a while there.

Two big games this week coming up with teams around us, I'd love to get to good results.

You have misread me on Davis or I have not explained myself very well.

I agree with you.

just to add a point I read an article from an eminent ex Premier league player writing about Stats, saying he agrees with Coaches etc using them, for internal purposes ,but folks in debates hang their hat on them too much....He goes on to say Quote "Youngsters and young coaches are duping impressionable fans that a stat is an absolute measure of a player, when the truth is not"......He says " confidence, the players around you, whether you are happy at home, a whole host of things that can affect players"....He goes on " It is turning a sport that has so many beautiful incalculables in to a group on numbers to be poured over.....

makes you think ,hey

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I assume that we can still sign a free agent for some time after the window closes and before the 25 man squad re-submission deadline, though I can't find info about when that is, since we'll have a spare place to name an extra over 21 year old if the need arises.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I don't remember saying that?

19 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Should be moved to Sky comedy just for one day. I may actually watch as it will be hilarious.

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

It's all going off on Sky News. As TRO said they should move it to Sky Comedy. Or something like Quest. Knobs!

Oops 🙊. Although I now know I'm a fully qualified Birmingham mail journalist. Do check out my exclusive on Jack Grealish Manchester United and some BS about Rashica....

On 31/01/2021 at 17:05, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Milot Rashica 'in talks' over late move after Aston Villa transfer claims

How do they get away with this shit - Birmingham Live?

Pretty sure you know how I initially read this when I saw it pop up in the Newsnow feed ffs.

It's pretty amusing considering he isn't going to Hertha Berlin either.

I think they've been looking at some winger from Marseille.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I haven’t seen anything.  Wasn’t expecting anybody but still keep my eye out just in case.

I haven't looked I decided it would be easier just to ask if there was tenuous links on here, I don't know a plane from outer mongolia perhaps 😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I can't be the only one who sees humor in this? lol

batman ok GIF

My Albion mate's comment: 

... we could have signed his brother Notmuchtowritehomeabout Yokuslu too but didn't ...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I assume that we can still sign a free agent for some time after the window closes and before the 25 man squad re-submission deadline, though I can't find info about when that is, since we'll have a spare place to name an extra over 21 year old if the need arises.

We have to submit our 25 man squad at the end of the window I believe but you don't have to name a full 25 players. Anyone who signs after you've submitted your list can be added if there are spaces I believe. The only people who can't be added are players who were already registered when the forms were submitted as I understand it? EG if Arsenal signed somebody in November they could have added them to their squad as it was less than 25, but they couldn't have added Ozil 

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

We have to submit our 25 man squad at the end of the window I believe but you don't have to name a full 25 players. Anyone who signs after you've submitted your list can be added if there are spaces I believe. The only people who can't be added are players who were already registered when the forms were submitted as I understand it? EG if Arsenal signed somebody in November they could have added them to their squad as it was less than 25, but they couldn't have added Ozil 

No idea, like I said I couldn't such information, although the squad lists weren't confirmed after the "summer" window this season until 20th October despite it closing on 5th October internationally and 16th domestically.

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m not normally one to pick on looks or stuff but you would’ve thought they would have picked a better expression or something from him to advertise it.  He looks like an advertisement for hemorrhoid cream with his sad expression.

Well he does talk 'piles' of shit! 

I'll see if I can get to the bottom of this :)

• Haha 2