Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

1 hour ago, rayk said:

So if he’s struggling for minutes at VillaReal what makes you think a 19 year old winger would get more minutes with us?

Because we need depth and options up front and I'm sorry but at his age hes much much better that Trezegeut and Ghazi. Hopefully Traore will keep getting better but I do seriously think we need the reinforcements and if theres a possibility of getting Kubo we should go right ahead and take him loan, buy whatever the option.. 

I do not know exactly why he isnt getting minutes, do not know if it's because VillaReal are all okay and at full strength or he has not worked out. I think it's the first the way they say hes had just a couple of games, I just think they are using there first choices and Gomez, Baena as LW and Chukwueze,Pino and Raba as RW are a decent collection of Wingers where I think it was mad to send him there in the first place.

They couldn't even play him as CF despite the fact he can play there because they have four of them. Five wingers and four CF the more I think of it the more I feel Kubo had next to no chance with that collection anyway. You also look at alot of those players they already have and they can fit almost anywhere in there front line, if one goes down for injury they can fit right in left, right and centre.

Needs to come here, hed get game time.

Edited by Dave-R

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

IMO quite a lot of the suggestions made over the last few pages are unlikely to be able to get a visa in our brave new immigration system.

That’s very true.

Some will, some won’t.

But some of the very obvious visa friendly players are really not an option if we we want to improve.

1 minute ago, rayk said:

That’s very true.

Some will, some won’t.

But some of the very obvious visa friendly players are really not an option if we we want to improve.

I don't understand your last line. If they can't get a visa, they aren't an option, no matter how much they would improve us.

There are whispers Adama Traore might be available soon because contract negotiations keep stalking/ breaking down with Wolves.  No idea if any truth, can’t find any decent links and maybe just agent trying to improve negotiation strength putting out whispers if anything in it at all.

Obviously ex player of ours, would cost a fortune but is based locally already.  Would he be interested in us again? Would we be interested in him? He’s pacey, only 24, has tricks and fits that right forward area that we are weak on but would he fit our style?

Obviously very talented but is he a fit for us for the price he would command?

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

There are whispers Adama Traore might be available soon because contract negotiations keep stalking/ breaking down with Wolves.  No idea if any truth, can’t find any decent links and maybe just agent trying to improve negotiation strength putting out whispers if anything in it at all.

Obviously ex player of ours, would cost a fortune but is based locally already.  Would he be interested in us again? Would we be interested in him? He’s pacey, only 24, has tricks and fits that right forward area that we are weak on but would he fit our style?

Not for me thanks. Still flatters to deceive as far as i can see.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We'd be better off signing Usain Bolt.  At least he'd sell a load of shirts.

4 hours ago, useless said:

Pretty certain that we won't be going for Brandon Williams, we won't be looking for somone to replace Targett in the starting eleven and Williams wouldn't come to us as backup, and even if he would, United would still probably want £20m plus for him and we won't be paying that for a reserve left back.

Edit: Just read that Man Utd only want to loan him out, which makes it even more unlikely as they're not going to loan him to us only for him not to play.

Not a great suggestion.

He is fairly shite too.

With Samatta being linked with Club Brugge today... out of T4 boredom I’ve been checking out their squad and one player stood out as someone we should be pursuing was Charles De Ketelaere 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/charles-de-ketelaere/profil/spieler/435772

Been a while since we saw a Juliper Pro league obligatory YouTube compilation... 

Looks a great prospect and the sort of signing (though more difficult now) I expect Lange & McKenzie have lined up... Young, versatile, technically gifted, with huge potential to improve & increase in value. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I prefer our current Traore to him and I also don't like the way he left. Feel like trying to re-sign Delph

Edited by skarroki
Forgot they were both called Traore
  • Like 1

Noah Katterbach young LB from FC Köln caught my eye through trawling through online scout reports - again through T4 lockdown boredom... Was named best U19 German player last season . 

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/noah-katterbach-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

The first part of Katterbach’s game I’d like to give an analysis of is his on-ball ability. Katterbach is very confident and calm in possession, and is excellent when taking on an opponent in a one v one situation...

Or how about cheeky bid for Rúben Vinagre- not getting game time at Olympiacos, unwanted by Wolves and gets around the whole WP scenario I guess being a domestic transfer?! 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'd rather we went for chukwueze but he'd be mega money and should be looking for CL

They do have alot of Wingers and CF so I think anything could be possible because money talks. Although we have to think of FFP, if we have the cash to splash at the time we can get a yes for sale, who knows exactly who's going to come in.

Does anyone on VillaTalk Tally up the Total spending power while weve been spending like they delve into the statistical match stuff?? Does our position affect our spending power in the league?? We must be alright with FFP, the club must be making a fair bit of extra quid and while weve spent a bit the promotion summer how much exactly did we spend summer gone it was less than previous right??? 

We bought Watkins- upto 33 million, Traore- 17 million, Cash- 14.18 million and the Ross Barkley loan- 11 million?? If there is anyone else I forgot but that's a fair bit less than our promotion season so I wonder if we have room to spend big on a signing or two in January. Doesnt spending power also increase the longer you stay in the premier league??

Edited by Dave-R