Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

How anyone can think we aren't desperate for a striker is beyond me.

We've a real issue when we play teams that sit deep particularly at Villa Park and it will continue to be an issue with our current options, when you bring Davis on to try and nick a goal its pretty desperate.

It isn't a criticism of Smith, we are in our second season back in the PL obviously we are going to lack some quality but how you could watch our home games this season and not think we are desperate for a forward is staggering.

I think we’ve missed the guile of Barkley in those situations.

If Wes isn’t the solution up front, then he serves no purpose in the squad.

FWIW - I think 4-4-2 with Watkins and Wes up front is what we’ll go with.  Then make a decision on Wes in the summer.

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That was Traore so I'd be surprised if we got in another. He hasn't been great but we have to give him more time like last season's intake.

Perhaps that will be what happens but sometimes you have to bite the bullet. If this club genuinely thinks we’re going to progress with Traore on the right, I’d be surprised. 

A right sided forward is again, our priority in the transfer window. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Perhaps that will be what happens but sometimes you have to bite the bullet. If this club genuinely thinks we’re going to progress with Traore on the right, I’d be surprised. 

Trez will be starting games again when he's fit.

Long term we do need an upgrade but to me it's hard to make a case for that or DM to be our major January signing when of our two forward options past Ollie we have one who's still another 15 or so games away from actually playing and the other hasn't scored a league goal since late 2017.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Another option to throw into the mix is get another decent central striker in and then Watkins can play games as wide forward.

Although DS dosen't seem too keen on that anymore given Davis was bizarrely put wide when he came on. Odd considering Watkins played out wide when he first signed for Brentford under DS.

I would love us to get a rapid forward in who can play across the front line preferably on the right. We'd be looking at top 8 then.

He who shall not be mentioned and I'm not going to mention him but he plays for werder Bremen and is Kosovan would have been ideal. But he's proven to be a bellend so I hope we go for one of Lille's or RB Salzburg's forwards instead.

Sekou Koita or my favourite Patson Daka are the two I'd choose as 1 and 2. Then you have the Lille boys Ikone and Bamba as numbers 3 and 4. 

Some pace means we really stretch teams and pin them back too. Plus all the players I've mentioned are very aggressive in their pressing. They all posses excellent technical ability and extreme pace. Very good finishers too. We get one of those 4 we're going to cause some more serious damage.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Villaphil said:

I think we’ve missed the guile of Barkley in those situations.

If Wes isn’t the solution up front, then he serves no purpose in the squad.

FWIW - I think 4-4-2 with Watkins and Wes up front is what we’ll go with.  Then make a decision on Wes in the summer.

Will never happen just not Smith's way of setting a team up.

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's really not!

• Like 1

We're on course for 32/33 points by the mid point of the season, with the current squad. I've no idea how much money we have spare but I can't see us going after any panic buys or any overpriced players in January. Maybe there'll be one or two from the summer who are now ready to make the move - what was the name of that bloke we were keen on from Werder?

Need 2 or 3 signings or loans.Without a doubt a striker besides Ollie it's bare thin Davies injuries and Wesley may play , but can't expect much when he comes back not rocket science one injury and we're in big trouble .I still think a winger we need whip in crosses and a CB.

Edited by ozvilla28

9 hours ago, useless said:

Rangers apparently have said that they're going to have to sell players because their finances have been hit by Covid.

Have they got any good players ? Because morales does not come into that bracket. He would be a waste of money regardless of how cheap he might be

16 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

What’s Soumaré you, hey? Why you looka so sad? 

That one must needs be retired as it peaked both in concept and practice with Samatta's brief tenure here. No point even trying with other names now. 

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think a youngish forward with lots of pace that is comfortable wide right is what we need. Whether we can find that within our means is another question.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Sekou Koita or my favourite Patson Daka are the two I'd choose as 1 and 2. Then you have the Lille boys Ikone and Bamba as numbers 3 and 4.

The stats that Daka has for this season and last season I would not be surprised if RB Leipzig sign him in January or next summer.

I think we should try get origi on loan with view of permanent transfer in summer in January. 

He has premier league experience. Bags of poential and wont cost a significant amount. Has scored goals at this level and knows the league.

I think he could be really good here with a run of games