Pre-Match Thread

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

All the Brighton fans on their forum seem to call Grealish - “sock boy” 🤣🤣

For that reason, I think 2-0 with Sock Boy to get 1 goal and 1 assist.

😅 That sounds a bit strange, he doesn't just wear one sock. He wears two like everyone else so it should be Socks Boy.

I think if we want this season to be a good one these are the games we have to win. Hopefully we're not that inconsistent side who picks up good results when not expected and then bottle the games we should be winning. 

• Like 1

Been a long wait for this one. 

Concerned about this one - we might be quite leggy due to the ridiculous number of games and miles half of our starting 11 have put in. Brighton a dangerous team and have been unfortunate in a number of games - especially Man Utd.

I'm going 2-2.

14 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Concerned about this one - we might be quite leggy due to the ridiculous number of games and miles half of our starting 11 have put in. Brighton a dangerous team and have been unfortunate in a number of games - especially Man Utd.

I'm going 2-2.

Yeah I think Brighton have been unfortunate. Good team. Over a season that luck tends to even itself out. Lets hope it doesn't start against us.

Brighton are a good side and well-drilled in their approach in the games of theirs I've seen this season, but they also just lack the individual quality to really make a difference at this level and in a few games it's that which has held them back rather than just being flat out unlucky as they were against United.

This will be a tough game and it would be the most Villa thing ever to stumble vs Brighton when we've been so impressive against better sides, but removing that pessimism that comes with the territory we have more match winners and are just generally in a better space than they are.

32 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I'm going 2-2.

It’s a problem with an improving squad players get selected for international duties, something we are going to have to get used to and deal with.

Very tough game this. A lot of our starting 11 have had long journeys or a few run outs in the last week. Here’s hoping for a good start so we can maybe rest a few come 70mins. Barkley vital for us today imo. Should be fresh. 

1 minute ago, deeps said:

Very tough game this. A lot of our starting 11 have had long journeys or a few run outs in the last week. Here’s hoping for a good start so we can maybe rest a few come 70mins. Barkley vital for us today imo. Should be fresh. 

That’s my worry. Players like Mcginn, Jack, Mings and Luiz may not be 100% at it

• Like 1