Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

13 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I’ve heard people say he is bias before but I want to believe that they are neutral.

he’s been absolutely horrendous, quite clear he’s not prepared before hand, he knows nothing about us and therefore can’t give any detail as to how we are playing. Relegation candidates winning 1-0 is all he sees.

Kenny Cunningham is far more knowledgable on Premier Sports. The one thing I will say about Townsend is that he always remarks about how tough Villa Park is to play in when the team isn't winning, did the fans ever turn on him back in the day?

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I can't even work out what he was trying to do.

I suspect he was trying to fake a leg over the ball. Not sure what you call it in English. Like a defensive Ronaldo di lima move. But then he just made a **** out of it. 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Trez and targett very  good

Watkins been pants

Harsh on Watkins, been isolated at times, he's inconsistent, sometimes he's taking good touches and bringing hard stuff down, other times he's just looking a bit lightweight 

The latter will get better with experience, there's been a few instances where he's misjudged when the contact from the defender is coming and been off balance following a nudge in the back 

• Like 1

I think Tierney was trying to hook it round the corner with his left to dribble it up the line as he’d sent his marker towards the keeper, but then hit it with his standing foot or his left trying to let it through his legs and panicked.