Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/20 at 23:59

Says it all that I couldn't vote in the man of the match as genuinely couldn't say who was as they were all excellent. 

To come away from Arsenal and say 3-0 didn't flatter us is not a statement I thought I would be making this season. Just as impressive as our forward play was how solid were were defensively after conceding 7 in our last two games. That shows we are developing a decent mental strength and character.

I am in no doubt we will give a few more sides a good hiding this season as when we are on it we are now some team.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Quality from start to finish.  

Credit to all players tonight, Dean and the coaching staff

Never looked anything but a comfortable Villa win.

Great reaction to the last two games....delighted tonight!

spot on.

• Thanks 1

Grealish was ok but on that subject Mount was heroic. Jack - what’s his surname again?- well he can’t fit in to my Southgate master plan - he is far too non robotic and does crazy creative stuff that upsets the opposition and wins games and that just does not fit into my plan and frankly it makes me look like a plodding boring football moron and not the genius mastermind penalty failure and if I played for Arsenal tonight we would have won which proves my point.

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Says it all that I couldn't vote in the man of the match as genuinely couldn't say who was as they were all excellent. 

To come away from Arsenal and say 3-0 didn't flatter us is not a statement I thought I would be making this season. Just as impressive as our forward play was how solid were were defensively after conceding 7 in our last two games. That shows we are developing a decent mental strength and character.

I am in no doubt we will give a few more sides a good hiding this season as when we are on it we are now some team.

well said Mark.....where is Terrytini at times like this?

11 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Essential viewing

Best thing I've seen in years 😂😂😂

One of the best quotes :

'This could be another Liverpool here.. There's 15 mins left, they could put 7 past us...' 

Brilliant. 

Aston Villa are back !

I think that's probably the first time we've beaten Arsenal by more than two goals in the league in my lifetime! (And 'I'm no spring chicken'). And have we just won the first three away league games of the season for the first time in our history?! I was gutted when we went 2-0 and then 3-0 down against Leeds and then even more at 2-0, 3-0 and 4-0 against the Saints, but now to have five wins from our first seven sounds pretty good!  : )

11 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Essential viewing

The guy in yellow is effing scary. "They were saying Grealish is not good enough for us they effing said he isn't good enough for us, he's taken the piss out of us".

Lmao 🤣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Essential viewing

Really have little sympathy for their fan base after the Wenger debacle. I know all fans (us very much included) throw their toys out the pram but to have the domestic success they’ve had and still whinge whinge whinge. Word removed off. 

• Like 1

That was as complete a performance from Villa as you’re likely to see, the Liverpool game was mental and they had Gomez suffering a personal meltdown on the pitch but Arsenal gave us nothing tonight, we took it all by force with aggression at the right times and in the right areas.

Everyone played well, Grealish is sublime when he’s in full flow with space in front of him to run at, I doubt there’s a player in the world more adept at running at pace with the ball. Defence were solid, Mings won a number of challenges second half with an air of nonchalance and ‘thou shalt not pass’.

Great for Watkins to continue scoring, any personal doubts he may have had over his hattrick being a one off are truly gone.

Great timing again too just before the break, this season is already way more fun than last.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Well I haven't watched it, and I admit I didn't see that coming at all. Very impressive and creditable response indeed. Sounds like we were solid and good throughout. Can't wait for MOTD

In stark contrast to the last 2 .......That was very much more like it.

awesome.

Â