Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/20 at 23:59

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The keeper had a clear line of sight.  100%.  Utter nonsense. 

Absolute nonsense, Barkley was almost perfectly between the keeper and Mcginn.

Would he have saved it if Barkley wasn't there? Absolutely not, but that isn't relevant as the rules are written.

• Like 4

Grealish was MOTM, he's just unplayable and long may it continue. Unlucky not to score also.

However I gave Trezeguet MOTM because he is becoming a favourite for me, he showed some wonderful skills especially second-half when he skinned a couple of their players.

Watkins grew into the goal and held the ball up really well, unlucky not to have another hat-trick.

MCGINN and Barkley very good tonight and the defence also solid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Shearer was absolutely spunking over Villa's performance on MOTD2. 

He really was.  "The performance was absolutely magnificent... Wow... It had everything" 

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Absolute nonsense, Barkley was almost perfectly between the keeper and Mcginn.

Would he have saved it if Barkley wasn't there? Absolutely not, but that isn't relevant as the rules are written.

If I was clever enough I would paste a freeze frame of the still I've just looked at on my telly from the moment the ball left McGinns foot. You could draw a straight line between the keepers eyes and McGinns foot easily. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Being honest with myself, i can see multiple scenarios where that offside could easily be obstruction, for example if the shot was closer to Leno, went through Barkley's legs or was a powder puff shot where Barkley did obstruct Leno's view.

However, in this scenario, McGinns shot was a literal rocket in to the top corner at a bazillion mph, there is literally zero chance in this specific scenario that Barkley was obstructing Leno's view.

The only thing that possibly happened was Leno saw too late that the ball was rocketing in to the net, and didnt get chance to get himself in the brace position in fear of his head being removed from his shoulders.

I don't think Barkley being there prevented it being saved, because it was a thunderbolt. I don't think that matters though, the rules are about obstructed view, and he clearly obstructed the keeper's view as he was between the ball and the boal.

It is not in the remit of the ref to consider if it was a saveable shot, if it was we'd have different application of the rules depending on the ref's opinion of the keeper. 

"Well, I wouldn't rule that out in favour of Martinez, but I reckon Schmeichel would have saved that, so no goal". 

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Anyone that thinks Barkley isn't interfering with the keeper's view needs to give their head a wobble, frankly. Fortunately it didn't matter.

iajCpFc.png

Your own picture shows a clear line of site! 

1 hour ago, kidlewis said:

The Orange tree in Chadwick end had a mega dessert list two years ago so I ordered two.

Back four of

sticky toffee

Creme brulee

brown sugar pavlova 

chocolate fondant with ice cream.

like Milan in the 90s

Top restaurant👍

• Like 1

Without a doubt our best performance of the season. I'm usually a nervous wreck at any Villa game but from the first whistle I was relaxed and just enjoyed it. Literally faultless in every area. It was genuinely enjoyable to watch from the very first whistle.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Anyone that thinks Barkley isn't interfering with the keeper's view needs to give their head a wobble, frankly. Fortunately it didn't matter.

iajCpFc.png

He wasn't but I'm a fickle biased Villa fan. If it was at the other end 1000% it's not a goal lol.

Â