Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/20 at 23:59

Brilliant game. Thought defensively we were superb. I thought mcginn and luiz in midfield stood out.

I voted trez mom thought defensively and attacking, he is perfect in away games. 

Ollie, if you give him a chance he scores.

Jack........ I have no words.

• Like 1

I was hoping to grow in to the game and we did.....stupendous performance and result.

The goals were top class and the clean sheet was so impressive.....but for me, we won duels all over the park and we secured the initiative in the game.....it could have been more.

All the things, I had concerns about they blew away in this game.

John McGinn's best game for yonks.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, hong0311 said:

I'm scratching my head. Getting thrashed by Leeds and Southampton, yet pulling off convincing wins against Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal. Two of those were away wins too!

We had a combined 4 points against the so-called top 6 + Leicester last season.

I think being underdogs suits us. We were favourites against Leeds and probably against Soton. Yet today, most people (media, neutrals, etc) expected an Arsenal win

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PaulC said:

What a performance! Brilliant. Hard to pick a MOTM but gave it to Grealish because he made fools of Arsenal. 

he was world class.

• Like 1

Fantastic result. 

Immensely proud of the team. We really are going places. There will be bumps in the road ahead (like Leeds and Soton) but compared to where we were 2 years ago, its amazing. 

• Like 2

Wow, unbelievable once again.

First half we were fantastic and could have gone into the break 2-0 up, but I was happy with the 1-0 scoreline.

Second half we came out of the blocks flying but dipped for a 10 minute spell where Arsenal got on top of us. The players dug deep and we were outstanding for the last half an hour.

It was a Grealish, Barkley and Watkins masterclass up front.

Trezeguet was an absolute trojan, his work rate is superb.

The defence were solid and calm, as were the midfield.

Credit to Dean Smith, he's tactically outclassed Arteta today. He's seen where it's gone wrong in the last two games and tonight he's got it bang on.

Love it!

• Like 2

At the start of the season, I just asked to not have our entire next season depend on the final game of this season, once again...  Unfortunately, I think that if things continue the way they've been going, it's entirely possible to end up in a "must win" game against Chelsea at Villa Park this season to end up in the Europa League next year.  😁😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Fantastic effort - I was worried about Arsenal stepping it up in the second half, but it turns out we did.

We've now between Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal.

Depth will be our undoing, but this is a really well balanced side full of good footballers.

Loving it.

the talent is there......but we worked our bloody socks off.....I was blown away, with the work rate as well as the talent.

Incredible performance

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Great performance and will shut up a few people that seemed to write us and Smith off after 2 defeats.

I thought Watkins hold up play and finishing was fantastic.  Mcginn kept disciplined. Barkley and Grealish superb on the ball, Trezeguet working his ass off as always. Defence and keeper solid. We got a little bit lucky with missed changed but thoroughly deserved to win today.  The much better team and could have had a lot more. 

We have no beaten Liverpool, Leicester and Arsenal. We’re not a bad team you know. 

@villalad21 must be gutted. ;)

ridiculous , last line.

• Like 2

Â