Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/20 at 23:59

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He really was.  "The performance was absolutely magnificent... Wow... It had everything" 

The fact he normally chins us off like a drunk granny in the local sticky carpets makes it all the sweeter. 

There’s class in this team that can’t be denied, the goal now is consistency. May the injury gods be kind to us. 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Your own picture shows a clear line of site! 

If you think this isn't obstructing the keeper's view, I'm not sure us discussing it is going to get anywhere. If this was given against us I'd be fuming.

4YnEjvL.png%5D

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Your own picture shows a clear line of site! 

It’s completely irrelevant if he has line of sight or not. Barkley is stood in a direct line between Mcginn and the keeper. I’d argue that if he’s anywhere in the keepers eyeline at all then he’s interfering with play. It’s irrelevant that Mcginn has struck it so well. It shouldn’t have taken anywhere near as long as it did to rule it out. 

We had a similar one at Man City last season which didn’t get given as offside (I think it was Sterling). I remember being annoyed at the time as it’s really not a difficult decision to make. 

Incredible performance. Grealish is the best Villa player I have seen in my 61 years following the club. 

Hopefully some time this season we will get full credit rather than the constant claims that we won because our opponents were poor.  

• Like 4

Some things I believe now

When we play like that and you're not sure who's man of the match, give it to Trez Bremner,

We will finish above one of the Sky big six

Grealish  is from another planet.

Without him England will do ok, quarters, semi's etc.With him we could win something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

..He is just the best talent I've seen in C&B in my lifetime, bar none. He is truly world class. 

I can honestly say the same, and I am 64, we have had a few great players in my lifetime , but I cant think of one that was better than Jack.

Edited by Podster
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Incredible performance. Grealish is the best Villa player I have seen in my 61 years following the club. 

Hopefully some time this season we will get full credit rather than the constant claims that we won because our opponents were poor.  

Thats impressive.  Younger fans can say hes the greatest because they are too young to see the great players from the 70s and 80s but it holds greater credence when you have seen the greats like Gray, Little, Withe, Shaw, Mortimer, Yorke, Platt and McGrath. An i agree hes the most talented footballer we have ever had. 

1 hour ago, MadridVilla said:

The first goal was a truly wonderful move. Grealish, Barkley just toying with Arsenal, an incisive move from Targett, and Saka forced into an OG from Trezeguet. Liquid football

“Ah oui oui... ohhh lalalalalala”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Paul McGrath holds that distinction by a country mile in my estimation. But Jack is damn good.

• Like 2

Â