Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Great result. That's more like it. Keep it up. No more glitches!

There will be glitches all season, look at the bench tonight. Fair enough Traore was injured but beyond our first eleven and at a stretch one or two more we have no depth.

Well we certainly bounced back tonight! A tremendous team performance, with everyone giving 110%. Another clean sheet on the road and we looked like scoring every time we moved into their half.

Sixth, three points off the top and with a game in hand, what's not to like? Two wins on the trot against the Arsenal too! Happy days. :clap:

What I really take heart from is we have, if I remember rightly, the youngest average age first 11 in the league so far. This is a work in progress, and we're definitely on the right path after a decade of shite. It's scary to dream.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

It could have easily been 4, 5 or 6. Arsenal created close to nothing.

When we’re good we’re bloody brilliant.

let's be honest, they created a couple of really dangerous chances but blew them all. in any case we created more, we're more clinical and even got one called off. I'd say the result was very fair. UTV!

• Like 2

Just now, osmark86 said:

let's be honest, they created a couple of really dangerous chances but blew them all. in any case we created more, we're more clinical and even got one called off. I'd say the result was very fair. UTV!

2 off the line too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KAZZAM said:

Funny how the other team is always playing bad when we beat them.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Exactly. Nothing to do with the fact we pretty poor and sloppy in the first half. In the second half we sucked the life out of them and compressed them in to mistakes.

Very good, great reaction away from home to our defeat.

Clean sheet, Watkins brace and very nice interplay. The Watkins running together with Grealish, Barkley and Targett interplay was a joy to watch, we looked a threat in every attack.

We just need another couple of forwards as options and we aren’t far off. December could and should be another good month, it’s a real test not to drop our intent, endeavour and press our ambition. Great stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

There will be glitches all season, look at the bench tonight. Fair enough Traore was injured but beyond our first eleven and at a stretch one or two more we have no depth.

Transfer window isn’t far off, bet there will be a few high calibration players now thinking we might be a good proposition.

Got my stream working a few minutes in to find we were one up. It died and it took me a few minutes to get it back by which time it was nil nil again. For a moment I wondered if I should bother but I stuck with it and am so glad I did. 
first half was a bit nervy but the second half we were different class. 

Mings was channeling his inner Brazilian, SJM and his arse were everywhere, Trez ran himself silly, Ezri was immense and Captain Jack was untouchable. So happy for Ollie too. You could tell he was still a bit nervy before he scored but his confidence soared after that. So happy. 

Edited by choffer
  • Like 2

Â