Ratings & Reactions: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

284 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/20 at 23:59

13 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Paul McGrath holds that distinction by a country mile in my estimation. But Jack is damn good.

But he was never a player for us, despite playing for us.

He was, is and ways will be God.

1 hour ago, tom_avfc said:

It’s completely irrelevant if he has line of sight or not. Barkley is stood in a direct line between Mcginn and the keeper. I’d argue that if he’s anywhere in the keepers eyeline at all then he’s interfering with play. It’s irrelevant that Mcginn has struck it so well. It shouldn’t have taken anywhere near as long as it did to rule it out. 

We had a similar one at Man City last season which didn’t get given as offside (I think it was Sterling). I remember being annoyed at the time as it’s really not a difficult decision to make. 

I think it should have stood. Leno could've been looking at the shot in 8k cinematic and still only would've been able to stand and watch that shot rocket into the top corner.

Barkley standing there or not makes no difference. No keeper in the world would've saved that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Incredible performance. Grealish is the best Villa player I have seen in my 61 years following the club. 

Hopefully some time this season we will get full credit rather than the constant claims that we won because our opponents were poor.  

We made them poor.....it is quite pathetic, when that is mooted......as the game wore on we gained more and more control, we dominated them in more ways than just scoring the goals.

• Like 1

That really was a complete performance. Comfortable. 

When Barkley is on his game, it makes such a difference to have another talented playmaker to compliment Jack and ensure they can't just limit him as much as possible.

All the goals we scored tonight were sublime, including the disallowed one.

The guy in the cap of the AFVC show at the end was right you know. If there were fans in that crowd tonight they would of all been boo'd off the pitch arsenal players would of. 

Then I thought back to what we have been through as a club the past 20 years and thoughts times are changing, it's your turn now big clubs. I hought very hard about how the leagues has changed this season in many ways. Those big clubs are starting to struggle against more well built teams now who are built for multiple play styles, the league and its players are starting to shift up a gear again and a couple of the big six are struggling, and I love it.

On a Arsenal fan forum they are drooling over Grealish and someone said they think Watkins could walk into the their team.

They think Willian is garbage.

I have Willian in my fantasy team and he's not doing much for me either.

Thinking about dropping him or Helder Costa from Leeds. Any suggestions?

Just watched MOTD 2, well the Villa part. Lovely to see Shearer creaming himself over the magnificent Aston Villa. I wonder if they asked Danny Murphy to do it, but he flat out refused to? 

Today’s going to be a good day. First call of the day will be to my Arsenal supporting colleague, followed by rewatching the highlights 39 times :lol:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

I have Willian in my fantasy team and he's not doing much for me either.

Thinking about dropping him or Helder Costa from Leeds. Any suggestions?

Get Trezeguet in

6 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

God was amazing and I know this will be considered blasphemous but imho Jack is even better. 

Very difficult to compare. Also, don't forget that God also played midfield too for club and country despite his knees being shot.

On current form, JG is playing THAT well he might even get a mention in Southgate's Mason Mount press conference.

Or not.

• Haha 1

Â