Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Just now, TrentVilla said:

I don’t think people are over reacting or at least no more than people did after the good results but whatever makes you happy.

I think a few are. Some have called our wins flukes and that we've resorted back to being shit. 

Its a terrible performance though.

Just now, VillaCas said:

Of course you shouldn’t give free kicks away in front of goal against the best free kick taker in the league - three free kicks=three goals

Agree and disagree

Cash has to give away a free kick because he messed up his position, he doesn't hand ball it they have a 1v1

Luiz one there is more to do but kind of the same, the free kick isn't the mistake, the shit positioning meanj g they have to foul is the mistake 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AV82 said:

One of those games. The overreactions in his thread are actually cheering me up. Keep it up lads.

Just like last week was “one of those days” too?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, darrenm said:

3 incredible strikes.

Not a lot you can do about those.

People say you shouldn't give away free kicks. That's wrong. Fouls are part of the game.

Those strikes by Ward-Prowse and Ings were unbelievable.

Yes they were but we still enabled two of them. Honest I find that line about free kicks baffling, you seem to be saying giving fouls away on the edge of the box is okay? But giving away stupid ones on the edge of your box is never a good idea it’s damned stupid when Ward-Prowse is playing and the Luiz one was totally needless.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's the manner in which we've lost/are losing. Pathetic and it isn't being a bad fan to say so.

We're shit today so you're right to have a go. It all stems from the back though as they started the game so slowly. 

I actually feel sorry for Targett playing with Mings on his inside as he has been shocking today. 

McGinn is poor also and just a passenger. 

Our attacking play has been sluggish and again, all relies on what Jack does. That's the problem having Barkley in the side, he's always passing the ball to Jack. 

I felt it was the right decision to switch Trez for Traore but you could see his frustration when he went looking for the ball over on Jack's side of the pitch. 

For the record, Cash has been poor. He was lucky not to see red for that handball as he was last man. But, where the hell were Mings and Konsa?