Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

We had 25 points after 27 games, so we couldn't have gone on a run of 2 points from 10 games, otherise that would have took us to the West Ham game on the final day of the season with just 27 points. At this point last season we went on a run of 7 points from 10 games, and then beat West Ham to make it ten points from 11 games. Not saying that Brighton are as bad as we were or that they will get relegated, just pointing out that for all he praise they get, as it stands they're only one point better off than we were at the same stage last season.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

if we can win six of our final twelve and draw two others, or win seven more, then that will get us at least sixty or more points.

Edited by useless

24 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Hitting 40 points in a Premier League season for the first time since 2012/13 is absolutely mental and tells you all you need to know about quite how bad every year we've had in this league has been since 2010 or so. 

Certain results have been frustrating but stats like that are why I'm so pleased with this season up to now and whatever happens in the final 12 games.

That season it was game 36 we got 40 points as well 🙈😂

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s mental! There is no way they will go down. Eventually they will start putting some of these chances away. 

Brighton are beginning to stink of Bournemouth at the moment, playing plenty of good football but just not getting the luck or converting the chances.

Must be a south coast thing. Southampton next season?

14 hours ago, useless said:

We had 25 points after 27 games, so we couldn't have gone on a run of 2 points from 10 games, otherise that would have took us to the West Ham game on the final day of the season with just 27 points. At this point last season we went on a run of 7 points from 10 games, and then beat West Ham to make it ten points from 11 games. Not saying that Brighton are as bad as we were or that they will get relegated, just pointing out that for all he praise they get, as it stands they're only one point better off than we were at the same stage last season.

Brighton are a fascinating enigma. They look good, they play nice football, they're just awful at taking chances. I think Potter is at least partly the manager he's often made out to be, but he has little to work with there.

8 minutes ago, Greenfly said:

Brighton are a fascinating enigma. They look good, they play nice football, they're just awful at taking chances. I think Potter is at least partly the manager he's often made out to be, but he has little to work with there.

He's got CBs who've cost 20m + or are massively rated.

If they went down then all of Lewis Dunk, Lamptey, Ben White, Bissouma, Trossard would be playing premier league football next season. Infact a couple of those would improve us.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He's got CBs who've cost 20m + or are massively rated.

If they went down then all of Lewis Dunk, Lamptey, Ben White, Bissouma, Trossard would be playing premier league football next season. Infact a couple of those would improve us.

I'm a big admirer of this guy in particular.

1 minute ago, Greenfly said:

I'm a big admirer of this guy in particular.

Think he sums up Brighton...two goals all season (don't know how many assists). Easy on the eye but not productive enough. Think McAlister who's broken through this season has higher level.

Lamptey is very good though and will be playing for top 8 team next season. If we still had last season RB options I'd be all in for him.

• Like 1

The final bottom 3 will not include Fulham. Newcastle most likely then Brighton unless they remember the game is about scoring goals and not how many pretty passes one can string together. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

The final bottom 3 will not include Fulham. Newcastle most likely then Brighton unless they remember the game is about scoring goals and not how many pretty passes one can string together. 

Brighton at 6/1 seems very generous.

Not saying it’s going to happen but for me it’s more like a 3/1 or 4/1 fair odds.

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Huge win for Fulham. They'll stay up and I think if they convert some of their loans into permanents they can get up to mid table next season.

One of Brighton/Newcastle is going.

I actually think Brighton are better than Fulham.

I am hoping it is Newcastle that go down, they have become a nothing club. Well actually I hoped it would be Burnley but they look safe. 

• Like 1

Just now, MentalM said:

Brighton should be top 4 with xPTS

I think if they stay up this season, next season we will start to see the fruits of their recruitment of youngsters over the past few years. 

Much like us, this season turning it around, I’d imagine that’s what will happen for Brighton next season if... they stay up. 

This is Brighton's fourth season in the premier league, their players aren't going to suddenly improve after not being very good for three seasons in a row, unless they sign better players in the summer they'll likely struggle again next season. I know some like to lay the blame on Maupay, but guess what? He's only scored three less goals than Watkins, if you were to add three goals to Brighton's total goals this season they still would have only scored thirty goals, they lack goals all over the pitch.