Relegation chase 2020/21

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Technically given it's a pretty open ended title we can just move it to other football and have the SHA relegation in minute by minute glorious detail!

Agree, this thread is no longer relevant to Aston Villa anymore. 👍🏼

shows how far we’ve come 

I wonder if we when we play the bottom three will they already be down, or as good as gone? Really good opportunity for another 9 points. Nothing worse than playing relegation threatened teams towards the end of the season and them needing points.

31 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I wonder if we when we play the bottom three will they already be down, or as good as gone? Really good opportunity for another 9 points. Nothing worse than playing relegation threatened teams towards the end of the season and them needing points.

I can see situation where Sheffield United game which is mid March will be moved back to May or something given the need to get Spurs game out of the way as doubt the league will want to risk trying to reschedule it in May sometime.

We actually play West Brom on my birthday (April 24th) and they'll be five league games after that so way season is going we'll be the ones to relegate them and wouldn't that be hilarious particularly if we can get 2k in the ground by then (no away fans though to break the "bantz" ometer.)

• 4 weeks later...

Just one more point needed to get to the forty point mark that should all but confirm beyond all reasonable doubt our premier league status for next season. Hopefully it comes asap.

I know last few weeks been disappointing but 40 points with pretty much a third of the season still to play is still more than a decent enough.

Let's just make sure we don't just go into beach mode and push on to get into the 50s, should still be capable of 4-5 more wins this season.

• Like 1

Brighton only have one more point now than we had after twenty-seven games last season.

Big chance for West Brom tomorrow, if they can win then they close the gap to safety to six points.

Brighton's run in looking tricky

Southampton, Newcastle, Man Utd, Everton, Chelsea, Sheffield United, Leeds, Wolves, West Ham, Man City, Arsenal

They're the kind of team that are capable of getting a shock result here and there, but really need to get something from those first two games against Southampton and Newcastle, because Sheffield United aside they'll be second favorites for the rest of their games between now and the end of the season.

If Fulham are going to catch someone though, I think I'd prefer they catch Newcastle, not because I have anything against them, but I think it makes the championship more interesting to have club like that in it.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Brighton only have one more point now than we had after twenty-seven games last season.

Big chance for West Brom tomorrow, if they can win then they close the gap to safety to six points.

that may be true, but at this point we also went on a run of 2 points from 10 games pre lockdown......

Who knows though!, just cant see Brighton going down tho tbh.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve never seen a team miss as many chances in Brighton in what seems to be every game! It must be so frustrating being a supporter as they seem to do everything right but score!

before tonight they had 66 shots in the last 3 games for 1 goal

• Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s mental! There is no way they will go down. Eventually they will start putting some of these chances away. 

They really shouldnt be going down but persisting with a crap striker like Maupay will probably cost them. I sort of have no sympathy for them if they do go down in the end