PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

1 minute ago, punkiller1981 said:

I’m not prepared to pay anything in addition to my sky & bt subscription. As much as I love the villa I’m not supporting a love to rape fans even more. I think this is the first step to ruining a competitive league if all this does is mean the rich get richer which it will. How long before we have a scenario like Germany where the same club has Won the league 8 years in a row or France for that matter. It end up making the league so predictable people stop watching or going to games. 

Not really TV money that has made the Bundesliga look like it does and the fans still flock to the games. And it's still IMO the most entertaining league to watch. But I get what you mean.

La Liga is a better example where Real and Barca used to take about 50% of the TV money, Valencia, Atletico, Sevilla and another side take 25% and the remaining 14 clubs left get to split the 25% that's left. This was a bunch of years back so they might have changed this by now.

No chance will i do this. Like a few others here i pay enough as it is. Problem is there'll be a lot who need their footy fix and will pay. They will have their "addiction" exploited by those who don't give a toss.....

• Like 1

Like others I’m loathe to pay this on top of my Sky & BT subscription. Normally I’m at all home and away games so in comparison to what I normally fork out for me and the kids it’s small change but it’s a point of principal. This decision is also encouraging other households to meet up to share the cost which goes against all Covid protocol.

The PL and clubs need to have a major rethink about this.

• Like 2

Money going directly to the clubs is a real danger to the league going forward.

A Manchester United game could get 3 million subscribers - they'd earn £30-40m for it - a Brighton game might get sixty thousand, they'd earn a million. 

The current merit payments for collective TV money aren't perfect and lord knows the league is already skewed in favour of the bigger teams, but this would kill competition stone dead.

• Like 4

You shouldn't have to have sky to be able to access these streams ,  should be able to have the stream without paying for sky or BT.

As for certain clubs getting more revenue..........I'm not to sure how many 'fans' would pay the £15 , probably the same amount who visit the grounds? I know plenty of Manu fans who don't even watch them on TV when it's on sky. Plus Manu have to play away and then it's the home teams revenue , isn't it? 

Tbh this will open the doors to people going around each others houses to share the cost...........a great situation in the present climate .

I heartily recommend finding an Aussie to set you up on Optus Sport - a Smart DNS service later and you have all the games for approx £9 per month in high def - it's neither piracy or illegal, but obvs the premier league should be having a word with Optus when it comes to protecting the geolock of the service. 

• Like 1

Before lockdown I didn't bother with subs, aside from Prime and would usually make do with MOTD or going to the pub if I fancied it. I got a NOWTV thing in the summer at £25 a month as there were enough games on to make it worth while. 

I'm annoyed as literally only 3 days ago I renewed that subscription on a 12 month deal and poof I now have much less to watch. I mean I got.it for the cricket at first but that's gone until next year.

A couple more days and I obviously wouldn't have renewed, now I'm stuck. 

I know clubs are missing out on income, but watching it.on the telly is not.the same as live. Charge a fiver and I guess I'd pay that sometimes

How about this so it works both ways.  If its £15 a game and we all want to watch Villa the other games are just window dressing right?   So I think we should be able to cancel our standard sports packages and use that money to buy Villa games.  I think that is fair.  You cannot expect people to pay double.

20 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Before lockdown I didn't bother with subs, aside from Prime and would usually make do with MOTD or going to the pub if I fancied it. I got a NOWTV thing in the summer at £25 a month as there were enough games on to make it worth while. 

I'm annoyed as literally only 3 days ago I renewed that subscription on a 12 month deal and poof I now have much less to watch. I mean I got.it for the cricket at first but that's gone until next year.

A couple more days and I obviously wouldn't have renewed, now I'm stuck. 

I know clubs are missing out on income, but watching it.on the telly is not.the same as live. Charge a fiver and I guess I'd pay that sometimes

The one thing I'd say is that having every match live was only going to be temporary anyway and the exception to the norm.  Getting a 12 month deal based on that was a bit risky!

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

No chance will i do this. Like a few others here i pay enough as it is. Problem is there'll be a lot who need their footy fix and will pay. They will have their "addiction" exploited by those who don't give a toss.....

Sorry to pick on you and to be fair this applies to many other posts on this subject but why do you think our owners don’t give a toss? They have heavily invested in our football club, saved us from a long and deep period of regression and really bought back some pride. That all cost hundreds of millions. Our revenue is massively reduced due to closed stadia and even if it wasn’t we would still have made a significant trading loss. They are just trying to plug some of the gap.

People talk about reducing it to £5. That may not even cover the cost of actually televising the game.

We cannot have it both ways. Either we act like a big club and try to compete or we accept mediocrity and revert to slipping down the leagues. Surely this feels significantly better than the dark days of the Championship!

22 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

How about this so it works both ways.  If its £15 a game and we all want to watch Villa the other games are just window dressing right?   So I think we should be able to cancel our standard sports packages and use that money to buy Villa games.  I think that is fair.  You cannot expect people to pay double.

You could do that and use Now tv to view the Sky Villa games. It might save quite a bit of cash.

I know the landscape money wise is vastly different in Scotland but as I mentioned in season ticket thread ,fans of Scottish Premiership teams who bought a season ticket would get to watch all their teams home games on their clubs tv station, to watch your team play away from home it's a PPV,  normally £15 , pretty sure that Sky/BT gave permission to Scottish Premier league governing body to allow this, so for me personally I was glad & able to buy a season ticket in order to watch my team play at home this season and also to help my club out financially in these difficult times.

• Like 1

The daftest thing about this is... I'm the only villa fan in the house. £15 is a lot for just me to watch 90mins of football. But if I have my mates round, and we take it in turns to get the matches in, it slashes the cost and makes it a bit more fun. Sounds great, except for this business about a little bug going round! No household mixing + £15 a game = people sticking two fingers up to local lockdown. It's just encouraging bad behaviour. 

I won't do that though. I've never really got into streaming. Did it about ten years ago and it was rubbish. I hear it might have moved on a but though and it's possible to get HD streams and the like. Never really looked into it as I didn't need to, but now I'm gonna find out what the deal is. And if it all works okay, bye bye Sky Sports and BT subscription and hello £70 a month savings. 

This could backfire in multiple ways. 

• Like 1

Â