PPV for Villa Games

Ouchmefoot

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Sorry to pick on you and to be fair this applies to many other posts on this subject but why do you think our owners don’t give a toss? They have heavily invested in our football club, saved us from a long and deep period of regression and really bought back some pride. That all cost hundreds of millions. Our revenue is massively reduced due to closed stadia and even if it wasn’t we would still have made a significant trading loss. They are just trying to plug some of the gap.

People talk about reducing it to £5. That may not even cover the cost of actually televising the game.

We cannot have it both ways. Either we act like a big club and try to compete or we accept mediocrity and revert to slipping down the leagues. Surely this feels significantly better than the dark days of the Championship!

Pick on me if you like, i don't mind. Do you really believe that our owners are doing it for the love of our club ? That they are really villa fans at heart and wouldn't miss all the millions they've ploughed into the club as if it was loose change ? They are successful businessmen for a reason. 

Look, i won't get on my high horse here, all i can say is that I am of a certain age where I'd rather spend my money on what and more importantly WHO matters in my life. I don't identify with teenage millionaires on the pitch, so forgive me if i don't sing my heart out for the "lads". I don't buy the shirt, or go to games now. I used to; go to away games too  the whole nine yards. Perhaps I've now grown out of that phase in my life ?

I'm saying all this just to really say i  am not going to be bullied in to coughing up more than I already do.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Pick on me if you like, i don't mind. Do you really believe that our owners are doing it for the love of our club ? That they are really villa fans at heart and wouldn't miss all the millions they've ploughed into the club as if it was loose change ? They are successful businessmen for a reason. 

Look, i won't get on my high horse here, all i can say is that I am of a certain age where I'd rather spend my money on what and more importantly WHO matters in my life. I don't identify with teenage millionaires on the pitch, so forgive me if i don't sing my heart out for the "lads". I don't buy the shirt, or go to games now. I used to; go to away games too  the whole nine yards. Perhaps I've now grown out of that phase in my life ?

I'm saying all this just to really say i  am not going to be bullied in to coughing up more than I already do.

That’s fair enough mate but it is a choice. It sounds like you are making a good one. Some people are acting as though this is some form of taxation.

• Like 1

£15 a game is extortionate, I think the clubs will be surprised how few people take this up. I get the argument that it’s cheaper than going to the game, but it’s clearly not the same. 
£7.50 per game or £60 10 game bundle would be far more acceptable. 
So many people will go down illegal routes or worse lose interest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

£15 a game is extortionate, I think the clubs will be surprised how few people take this up. I get the argument that it’s cheaper than going to the game, but it’s clearly not the same. 
£7.50 per game or £60 10 game bundle would be far more acceptable. 
So many people will go down illegal routes or worse lose interest. 

The figure doesn't make sense from a value for money point of view, you get a whole months multi channel sport on sky for not a great deal more then that and now tv do 24hrs all sport channels for less then a tenner.

Alright its our team and you would pay more on pound for pound basis for it, I get that, but I'm also doubting that there is any real world scenario where my club gets 100% of that £15, until I hear that from the club itself its a load of crap for me.

Quicker we get in the grounds the better.

NBA League Pass is £25 a month and you can watch every game from every team
No unfair bias for fans of smaller / bigger teams
Even if the games are on network TV they're still available also*
£25 is still reasonable money, but not extortionate imo
Something like this would have been easy to copy, and they've got it wrong for me.

(*sure BT and Sky wouldn't let this bit happen...)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm suprised at the anger here. 

This is to replace what you would normally pay at the turnstile as your entrance fee to a non televised game.  They're not taking something away to charge you for it.  If you already pay sky/BT/Amazon you'll continue to get what you've already paid for and what it got you in the past. 

We've been extremely lucky I think to have had every game since lockdown screened to us completely free.  That obviously cannot continue to happen. 

Clubs will be hurting massively right now. 

Yes they've got the £100m + TV money but their budgets would have been based on that PLUS gate fees / corporate entertainment (shed loads for that) / food and drink sales and I bet merchandise sales are a long way down, attending a match leads people to buy more merchandise, the shops are packed on matchday. 

In short they are still losing tons of revenue that's in their budget

Attending the game means £30 - £40 ticket + travel costs + food.  It's probably a minimum £50 per person investment, £100 for me with my son. £15 seems a small price compared to that though for a poorer experience. 

I will be buying these games to support the NSWE board in the huge investment they have put into the club. 

Totally fair view Mr sidcow and of course whilst I'm a little annoyed at the moment (genuinely a little, far from angry) the stubborn fool in me will hold off until just before the gameshows start but then I'll fold and pay up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Would they get 3 times more subscribers at £5.00.............I would bite at that price point. At £15 I will find other ways

Exactly what I was thinking. £5 is reasonable and you're right, I reckon you'd have far more than 3x than would pay £15

Think people are misunderstanding what is going on here. We're in a very unusual time period, one where right now football clubs in the UK are making £0 matchday revenue. Take into consideration how many weeks we've played behind closed doors and you'll soon understand just how much money EVERY club is losing. 

This is just business, the revenue goes to the clubs and I guess it is a way to try and subsidise the lack of match day revenue by doing it in a digital manner. No, it isn't for everybody, but this price would have been chosen based on research. Whether you like it or not though clubs have to try and make money, the most logical way being by charging people to watch matches (just like they would usually).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

It's the same price per month to get DAZN, use a VPN and get all 380 games, Ufc, Boxing PPVs, and a shit ton of other sports. 

They can stick their £15 up their arse. 

Yh but the the problem is getting to sign up to DAZN, which you can’t do without a Canadian address/credit card.

I’ve resorted to more unscrupulous methods, which is a shame.

Edited by Thug
Spelling

Most people for 3pm kick offs would be either at the game or streaming illegally anyway. 

so for those who don’t want to pay, their experience will be the same.

£15 is a bit much, I think £7.99 would be a fair wack for a game.

I have The full sky package with a small discount and have managed to watch a lot of villa so far this year. 

I will probs my stream a couple and might just opt to pay for one game. 

might see if anyone fancies popping round and sharing the cost, would make it more cost effective. 

• Like 1

Pretty important paragraph in the Guardian:

It is understood there is no mechanism for fans to redeem their season tickets for access to pay-per-view matches, unlike a similar scheme in the EFL where fans can set their tickets against a £10 charge to watch on the iFollow app. Nor is it clear how the money earned will be distributed, although it is thought all money beyond production costs will go to the clubs.

It’s nothing more than a shameless cash grab in one of the worst economic downturns in modern memory. Shameless. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sne said:

And there you have it. I would not pay for this.

That's fair enough, that's just what would we would normally be able to access anyway.  When crowds go back in reasonable numbers it's important the 3pm kick offs go back to not being shown on TV, until then I can see why clubs want to get some of their lost revenue back.  It depends on whether this is merely the genie being let out the bottle or not, which the cynical side of me reckons is the case.

this is very interesting.

Unfortunately our turnover is/was tiny compared to a lot of clubs (not sure why as this is our second season in the PL now?), but our match day revenue seems rather low?!?!

says 20/21 but has the relegated teams included, maybe based on last years figures and not projected for the current year?

rev.JPG

• Thanks 1

If the Premier League was sincere in their efforts, why not create PL TV? Why do we have to fork out for Sky and BT? How do you guarantee clubs will see a fair return on revenue. How much will go into the pockets of Sky, you know, that young and upcoming broadcaster, who was able to stream it for free months earlier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I'm suprised at the anger here. 

This is to replace what you would normally pay at the turnstile as your entrance fee to a non televised game.  They're not taking something away to charge you for it.  If you already pay sky/BT/Amazon you'll continue to get what you've already paid for and what it got you in the past. 

We've been extremely lucky I think to have had every game since lockdown screened to us completely free.  That obviously cannot continue to happen. 

Clubs will be hurting massively right now. 

Yes they've got the £100m + TV money but their budgets would have been based on that PLUS gate fees / corporate entertainment (shed loads for that) / food and drink sales and I bet merchandise sales are a long way down, attending a match leads people to buy more merchandise, the shops are packed on matchday. 

In short they are still losing tons of revenue that's in their budget

Attending the game means £30 - £40 ticket + travel costs + food.  It's probably a minimum £50 per person investment, £100 for me with my son. £15 seems a small price compared to that though for a poorer experience. 

I will be buying these games to support the NSWE board in the huge investment they have put into the club. 

See below

Edited by Follyfoot

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Forget the travel and the ticket price, me and my mate have coughed up more on Villa IPA in the Holte concourse before the game. No brainer for me, I have to pay it or my two lads would beat me up. I fully understand that people are on the breadline and all circumstances are different by the way but I am just comparing it to a game that if crowds were allowed I would be at with my two sons 

• Haha 1

Â