Was tonight the best ever Villa performance in our Premier League History?

Demitri_C

Best ever Villa PL performance?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Was tonight our best ever Premier League performance?

• Yes
    • No

I cant vote on that, I'd say it was one of them.

I never forget our 3-1 coca cola cup win against Manchester United. To be fair I had the same hyped up feeling tonight as I did back then. Once you get that feeling I dont think there is a best performance in history because you develop your own catalogue of best performances that coincide with your emotions.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 2

Just now, Dave-R said:

I cant vote on that, I'd say it was one of them.

I never forget our 3-1 coca cola cup win against Manchester United. To be fair I had the same hyped up feeling tonight as I did back then. Once you get that feeling I dont think there is a beat performance in history because you develop your own catalogue of best performances that coincide with tour emotions.

Ita purely for league dave not cups!

i think its hard to say best ever, after all we did win the European Cup many years ago.

But i would say its one of the best results we have ever had, considering reasonable expectations pre match.

i almost cant believe it happened, they took the lead, didnt bottle it, then went on and donked one of the best teams in the world, it is an amazing result.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The only thing that i think comes close was the 3-0 at anfield but jesus this is another level

I think we've had some memorable results playing with pace on the counter 

Tonight was more than that, we weren't just a counter attacking fast as **** front 3 

We've also dominated teams and scored lots of goals, the night game vs Sunderland for example, but this was a better team

The blues game is the only one that comes close for me right now 

Our best result, definitely.  But performances need context and that goes beyond the scoreline.

Coming from behind to beat Arsenal 3-2, winning in the last minute at Everton - there's two that are right up there for me.

Astonishing win, but it's hard to call any performance the best ever.

Best I've seen in 15 years, I think. We've tonked a few other teams but usually much weaker sides and have nicked a few top teams on the counter, but could easily have hit double digits against the league champions tonight!

We’ve had some top wins over the past few years, Arsenal when Gabby scored. Manchester City before they transitioned into the team that they are now and a very poor Derby team. 

Oh of course Everton Away.

If we talking about Premier League football, this is by far the best game/ performance I have seen in my lifetime.

We have beaten the Premier League Champions 7-2 and it was their strongest side bar Mane and Allison..

This is an incredible moment for us fans and the football club.

Â