Jump to content

Ross Barkley


LondonLax
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Unless he has given Dean an explanation for his shit form he needs sending back forever. If he had long covid (and still does?) then it may explain it. If it is mental issues then they need to be resolved if he's to continue at this level. 

Part of me wonders if he has a renewed hope for making the England team with the increased squad size and further injuries to other players likely to get a spot.  Or maybe he's looking for his next pay day.  I'm very cynical about this sudden resurgence of form. 

I think it's fitness.

You saw in previous games he looked like he was treading water. He'd turn and couldn't get away from players. 

Against West Brom and tonight he looks back to the physical form he showed in those first few games before his injury. 

I think it's been dismissed way too much.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Very good tonight - such a surprise considering how poor he has been. Is it confirmed he had long Covid?

It hasn't been confirmed but I'm pretty sure he was one of the players who had it and suffered from it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's fitness.

You saw in previous games he looked like he was treading water. He'd turn and couldn't get away from players. 

Against West Brom and tonight he looks back to the physical form he showed in those first few games before his injury. 

I think it's been dismissed way too much.

I just can't believe it took him so long to get back to fitness (even allowing for covid, unless it is long covid).  Suggests an issue,and if he's been injured every season pretty much his whole career, then taking so long to recover doesn't bode well.

Unless Jack has some crazy condition that he'll stay if we sign barkley, it is a no from me whatever happens between now and the end of the season.

Edited by MrBlack
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, wilko154 said:

It hasn't been confirmed but I'm pretty sure he was one of the players who had it and suffered from it.

if this is the case (as isn't unlikely tbf) and he continues in the current upwards trend then I wouldn't be opposed to signing him assuming we get a decent price. he's not a bad footballer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MrBlack said:

I just can't believe it took him so long to get back to fitness.  Suggests an issue and if he's been injured every season pretty much his whole career, then taking so long to recover doesn't bode well.

Unless Jack has some crazy condition that he'll stay if we sign barkley, it is a no from me whatever happens between now and the end of the season.

Yeah there's definitely an issue. But covid can't be dismissed, especially the training ground closed just as he returned.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DCJonah said:

Yeah there's definitely an issue. But covid can't be dismissed, especially the training ground closed just as he returned.

Yeah I added to caveat that covid is no excuse for me..long covid would be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

if this is the case (as isn't unlikely tbf) and he continues in the current upwards trend then I wouldn't be opposed to signing him assuming we get a decent price. he's not a bad footballer.

Yeh if we can get a cut price deal then I would be looking at signing him; I think he would go up another gear with higher quality players around him.

Tonight he was very good but ended up dropping deep like Jack has to do to try and get hold of the ball. If we can improve our midfield over the Summer and retain possession better then Barkley's game becomes even better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think I'd sign him whatever the price and that's purely because I think the bond between him and the fans is just completely broken and won't be fixed. 

Like DCJonah said it's been just pure hatred at times. I don't understand that. I don't know where his career goes from here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's fitness.

You saw in previous games he looked like he was treading water. He'd turn and couldn't get away from players. 

Against West Brom and tonight he looks back to the physical form he showed in those first few games before his injury. 

I think it's been dismissed way too much.

Spot on. The most likely explanation. Hope he keeps this up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I don't think I'd sign him whatever the price and that's purely because I think the bond between him and the fans is just completely broken and won't be fixed. 

Like DCJonah said it's been just pure hatred at times. I don't understand that. I don't know where his career goes from here. 

He was great tonight but that's been a long, long time coming. We can't be buying him because these performances, unfortunately, are the exception not the rule

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I don't think I'd sign him whatever the price and that's purely because I think the bond between him and the fans is just completely broken and won't be fixed. 

Like DCJonah said it's been just pure hatred at times. I don't understand that. I don't know where his career goes from here. 

The bond between him and some fans of VillaTalk and Twitter is broken.

He signs, on the first home game of next season, 40,000 Villa fans will cheer his name. Don't be confused by a small minority of forum / social media users mate.

He's quality. I'd sign him in a heartbeat. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

The bond between him and some fans of VillaTalk and Twitter is broken.

He signs, on the first home game of next season, 40,000 Villa fans will cheer his name. Don't be confused by a small minority of forum / social media users mate.

He's quality. I'd sign him in a heartbeat. 

Yeah I think it's more the social media side of things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He played better today, maybe he will improve with some game time but maybe it's to little to late.

He did mess up which gave Everton a goal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we should not buy him we saw his very low point. His very low point is so so bad that hes behind 17yo players  hes basically unplayable. If he finishes his loan playing like this my opinion wont change that we should not buy him.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â