Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

40 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I wonder if there’s any combination of teams in the world where one has such a poor record against the other over the last 25 years?

Dunno, but relative to the other top clubs, it's absolutely absurd how poor our record against United is.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Dunno, but relative to the other top clubs, it's absolutely absurd how poor our record against United is.

It’s also obscene the amount of games we’ve lost against them over the years having taken the lead first.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I wonder if there’s any combination of teams in the world where one has such a poor record against the other over the last 25 years?

Pretty sure I read Everton actually have a worse overall record v them in prem than us as our results weren't too bad in first 6-7 seasons.

Most teams hardly win at Old Trafford and can go decades there without winning (although someone like Crystal Palace have won on their last two visits). It's not beating them at home in the league for over 25 years I can't get my head round! That must be getting close to English league record when you think how often the fixture has been played in that time.

Mentioned Everton. They've won 4 home games v Man. United since August 2012 so again team with terrible general record v Man. United in last 30 years and they've still done miles better in home games than us.

• Sad 1

Just now, VillaChris said:

In other news Man. City playing their best game in about 6 months (there you go it all clicking for them just before they play us) and Frank Lampard to be sacked shortly.

It was  matter of time before they did click and start converting the chances they have been creating. They havent been playing badly they just have been failing to convert the chances. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Saints winning is annoying. If we don't get results against Spurs, Everton or city we could easily be 14th

Weird how we're basically already safe yet it feels like we could finish anywhere from 4th to 15th this season.

44 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Weird how we're basically already safe yet it feels like we could finish anywhere from 4th to 15th this season.

I think that pretty normal for mid-table teams at this stage of the season 

54 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think that pretty normal for mid-table teams at this stage of the season 

Yep, I guess it's just that it's been so long since we've actually had this kind of season in the Premier League.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I think we will finish somewhere between 8th and 12th 

• Like 2

Funny how we all most likely wanted a boring season devoid of the threat of relegation for once. And now it's become a really exciting one where we actually appear to have a decent shot at European cups. Still think we'll end up midtable but it's a lot more exciting than I anticipated.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

Saints winning is annoying. If we don't get results against Spurs, Everton or city we could easily be 14th

I liked the result. I don't think we should be worried the way we are playing and this result just keeps things tighter. 

8 hours ago, birdman said:

I liked the result. I don't think we should be worried the way we are playing and this result just keeps things tighter. 

I liked it too. It's good that no one runs away, a close league is exciting and might even have us dreaming about going top even longer. Only one thing that suck is that now manure is in real danger of going top. If there's one thing more insufferable than plop fans, it's manure fans. Man utd being relegated, that is my ultimate non-Villa wet dream.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gompedyret said:

I liked it too. It's good that no one runs away, a close league is exciting and might even have us dreaming about going top even longer. Only one thing that suck is that now manure is in real danger of going top. If there's one thing more insufferable than plop fans, it's manure fans. Man utd being relegated, that is my ultimate non-Villa wet dream.

I'm starting to dislike ManU as much as Liverpool these days! Tell ya what would love it LOVE IT if Burnley beat them lol

To be a bit Kevin Keegan about it. I’d love it if we can win 2 of the next three. Or even get 4 points.

leaves us pretty much safe and over the hardest run of games for the season. 

Then get 4 from Burnley and Southampton and we are on 34 points. 

id rather use up luck against the bigger teams, bout time we got three points like United got against us. 

• Like 2

Â