Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

NO.

Also wondering if you are watching our next opponents and thinking the same?

NO

watching our next opponents thinking they should be winning this league easily. they're also miles better than liverpool or man u

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

NO

watching our next opponents thinking they should be winning this league easily. they're also miles better than liverpool or man u

Fair play, some people see it that way, I saw their match as two good teams cancelling each other out if I'm honest. ( As they usually do)

I just feel saying we are Miles better is a stretch, for a multitude of reasons.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair play, some people see it that way, I saw their match as two good teams cancelling each other out if I'm honest. ( As they usually do)

I just feel saying we are Miles better is a stretch, for a multitude of reasons.

yeah fair doos. miles better a bit of a stretch. liverpool have definitely lost a spark though. whilst i acknowledge man u have improved, last season's liverpool win that game today comfortably. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah fair doos. miles better a bit of a stretch. liverpool have definitely lost a spark though. whilst i acknowledge man u have improved, last season's liverpool win that game today comfortably. 

I've got a Man U supporting mate, who keeps celebrating about Man City overtaking Liverpool in the table, and them staying top.

Had to remind him that they have a game in and, and if they win it, its actually them who get overtaken next. lol

Not always the smartest Bunch.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've got a Man U supporting mate, who keeps celebrating about Man City overtaking Liverpool in the table, and them staying top.

Had to remind him that they have a game in and, and if they win it, its actually them who get overtaken next. lol

Not always the smartest Bunch.

I think both sets of fans could handle not winning the league as long as the other team doesn’t win it.   It’s a strange one. 

They can fight for second.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Citeh will win the title this season, they've picked up form quietly under the radar. Listening to the Liverpool Vs United debate is just funny when Citeh pass them both.

Ill be delighted with a point Weds. Just remember we could lose all 3 games in hand and stay in 10th.

If we lose to Citeh and Everton but beat Newcastle which is the most likely outcome puts us on the same points as Saints, West Ham and Chelsea. 7th-9th which I think is massive process. Just steady old mid table. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

If we lose to Citeh and Everton but beat Newcastle which is the most likely outcome puts us on the same points as Saints, West Ham and Chelsea. 7th-9th which I think is massive process. Just steady old mid table. 

Or alternatively, knowing us we could spank City, then lose to Newcastle and Burnley, in Vintage Villa fashion. lol

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Think City will be double figures clear of the runners up spot come May 

Apparently, Pep has adjusted his principles this season due to the congestion and has tailored training so that the players are starting to peak now and not his usual breakneck speed out of the traps at the start of the season. It's looking very ominous for everyone else right now (unbeaten in 10). Hopefully we can put a bump in the road for them on Wednesday.

• Like 2

Disregarding the practical problems and challenges regarding fitness and potential injuries, it is quite fun to have quite a few matches in hand. If we continue to do as well as we have, we'll just sail past a bunch of teams while they can only sit still watching us overtake them. Rowr.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gompedyret said:

Disregarding the practical problems and challenges regarding fitness and potential injuries, it is quite fun to have quite a few matches in hand. If we continue to do as well as we have, we'll just sail past a bunch of teams while they can only sit still watching us overtake them. Rowr.

I can see us getting good results in 3 out of the 4 games in hand too. 7 points from 4 wouldn't be too unrealistic, and that would probably put us in and around the top 4.

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

A free hit for the title race on Wednesday. If we win that, things turn from a bit of a joke about our high flying credentials to sorta serious.

But regardless, if we beat Newcastle not only are we flying again, but we put Spud one close to the sack. And they say football is cruel...

Had we beaten Scumchester United or Chelsea then that would have already seen us as genuine top 6 contenders. You are correct if we beat man city (I believe we can) then I don't care what anyone else says we're in there for the top 6. We've finally got a team that I believe can beat the big teams.

Edited by Sulberto21

Mathematically still in it - but realistically we are not going to maintain the wins necessary to dent the top of the table - Man Citeh will beat us I am fairly certain, but only due to the timing of the fixture. 

Â