Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

28 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Get beat tonight and we kinda screw Liverpool over for the 2nd time this season. Every cloud and all that

If we lose we piss the Liverpool fans off. Which is always hilarious.

If we win we piss Man Utd fans off + we get a great and memorable result

Either way i can find something to laugh at. Free hit.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Our 1-11 is capable of a top 8 finish, our squad players have stepped in far more successfully than I expected and with some of them I think we are mid table.

We are still three or four players short though of a top 8 squad in my view. 

100% agree. 3-4 £30m+ players short of a top 8 squad, unless we unearth a gem or two to save a bit of money. It gets tougher to close the gap from this point onwards. A few clubs have hit a glass ceiling trying to take that next step from top 6ish to top 4, so many things have to be done well. Leicester are making better strides than most in recent times, their next hurdle is replacing Vardy in the not too distant future. Other than that they have a good squad on paper, with some good younger players that’ll serve them well for a number of seasons if they retain them. I think Villa are doing things well, though. There’s quite obviously a focus on getting in highly rated youngsters, and we’re bolstering that with good levels of spending on 1st team players that should buy the time required for the younger talents to work through into a relatively successful 1st team squad in a couple of seasons or so. For the first time in as long as I can remember (I’m 47) we look like we might be beginning to match up to other clubs in off the field professionalism, as well as closing the gap on the field. Long may it continue. UTV

• Like 4

20 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If that's all it's easy enough. What's that, £ 2 million a club? Piss in the ocean.

These are clubs that were pushing hard to charge 2,000 people £40 a time because they were desperate for the £80,000. I can't see any situation where they'd agree to pay £2m to give up FA Cup revenues.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

These are clubs that were pushing hard to charge 2,000 people £40 a time because they were desperate for the £80,000. I can't see any situation where they'd agree to pay £2m to give up FA Cup revenues.

I know. I'm just saying they should be forced to it.

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know. I'm just saying they should be forced to it.

I personally see it as the most practical of the available solutions, but the problems with how to do it make it pretty much impossible. I think the only people that could force it would be government and I think it's probably illegal for them to insist that one group of companies compensate another group for not delivering a product.

I think they have to play the games - if we have more postponements, it may well be that we see a period at the end of the season where everyone plays four times in seven days - McGinn will love it.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I personally see it as the most practical of the available solutions, but the problems with how to do it make it pretty much impossible. I think the only people that could force it would be government and I think it's probably illegal for them to insist that one group of companies compensate another group for not delivering a product.

I think they have to play the games - if we have more postponements, it may well be that we see a period at the end of the season where everyone plays four times in seven days - McGinn will love it.

The Gov has absolutely no power to do that, this isn’t a regulated industry they have no power at all. I do actually think that is something they should change.

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The Gov has absolutely no power to do that, this isn’t a regulated industry they have no power at all. I do actually think that is something they should change.

Indeed, and I can see absolutely no circumstance in which the Premier League teams vote to pay to not have something, it's the exact opposite of what they're about. There isn't even a will from government to do this, having football go on seems to be part of their "strategy" for dealing with Covid.

No one is going to give up their tournament here and no one is going to pay someone else to do it.

Did anybody see Paul Robinson on the Sky Football thing this morning? What a clearing in the woods.

He seems very reluctant to acknoweldge us with respect. Chelsea apparently really disappointed with a draw against us, despite us being above them with 2 games in hand.

Gushed about Leeds of course.

Ignorant, clueless clearing in the woods.

Off. That's a tough run - good that they've found a place to squeeze it in though and interesting that they've gone with the earliest date they can - for me that suggests a clear intent that they want to get as many games in as they can as soon as they can so that they've potentially got room for more later in the spring.

That's part of a run of 9 games in 27 days for City, so with a bit go luck they'll be having to rotate quite a lot.

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Off. That's a tough run - good that they've found a place to squeeze it in though and interesting that they've gone with the earliest date they can - for me that suggests a clear intent that they want to get as many games in as they can as soon as they can so that they've potentially got room for more later in the spring.

That's part of a run of 9 games in 27 days for City, so with a bit go luck they'll be having to rotate quite a lot.

Unfortunately Citeh's rotation players would probably comprise a European place standard over a season on their own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

City game has been rescheduled so our next lot of games.. 

3838723755db3df6bf9d642fde56b3dd.png

Bloody state of that 

Man Utd - 1-2 LOSS

Liverpool (cup) - WIN

Spurs - 3-1 WIN

Everton - 2-0 WIN

Man City - 2-1 LOSS

6 points out of 12 and 4th round of the cup.

Â