Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

I've never been so entertained by a player who ultimately delivers so little. It's almost certainly the right call to move him on, but I'll miss the mad bastard.

• Like 4

Been absolutely brilliant in moments during his time here and I don't have anything bad to say about him personally(sicknote) but it is definitely time to move him on. He should have gone last summer tbf. 

So it's a pat on the head and a boot up the arse out the door for me. In a nice way. 

48 minutes ago, villan95 said:

His first season here was actually pretty good. 8 goals and 7 assists as well as lots of entertainment. Shame he's barely played for us since but still popped up with a couple of crucial goals towards the end of last season.

Yeah, his goal contributions per minute even after all these scraps of minutes will still hold up quite well I reckon.

Gutted to see him go but it's the best thing for all parties now, sadly.

• Like 1

Very sad really - Bert is genuinely one of the most gifted footballers I have seen. 
Absolutley ridiculous what this man can do with a football, and I acknowledge this is a view held by a shrinking minority but in my humble opinion - he is more Gifted than Bailey - it’s my only disappointment that Unai could not give him more minutes.

I really hope that he can stay in England, but I doubt this very much 😞

• Like 3

There were a few on here who were very much against this signing from the outset, referring among other things to what "Lyon fans" thought. I argued quite much against this. A couple of years later, except the first season, I can just admit that they were right. Even villalad21!

He is one of the most entertaining players I've seen at Villa, but didn't seem to function properly in a system. Seemed to mostly do his own thing, sometimes it led some of the best moments and goals I've seen, sometimes it led to the trademark bild crossfield passes.

The last years he never seemed to be fit to play for us, but always fit to play for his country. Something wasn't fully right, but have no reason to think anything else than that he is a good person. A player with enormous talent, too bad he hasn't used it to full extent.

• Like 1

Gonna miss ya Bertie.

If his career choices are anything like his playing style, his next move will either involve setting fire to his own fruit and veg cart on Corporation Street, or becoming supreme ruler of the universe. 

And whichever it is, everyone will like him for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would’ve loved some more appearances (inc skill and magic) and goals from him (still possible? 🕰️ )… 

I can understand the annoyance that he’s barely been around for us but is off to AFCON… but… for most players, representing  their country is a great source of pride and passion and really important (priority)…especially when you’re probably the most crucial, talented and relied upon player…

Thanks for helping secure ECL Berty…

Problem is…

the guy can’t stay fit or be available enough… not worth our while and the wages he’s paid if he can’t do that. We need consistency and stability from our players… especially now…

I had actually hoped he would be able to return to “lockdown level” once he returned from Turkey(!) on Unai’s order… and overcame his groin injury, surgery, rehab…

He shouldn’t have changed that hairstyle should he? 😆 was hoping he could have improved and been more disciplined with time with Unai…

I think Unai would have used him more if he could have… but Berty has become unreliable or lacking in robustness… and, tbh, when he was rewarded with starts… he flattered to deceive… was more impactful off the bench…

It’s time to the end the adventure, as short lived as it was, and with his contract running down… time for someone else to take on that maverick/magician role 😆
Good luck!

A fond farewell is in order and some lovely memories to hold on to…

Edited by Jas10

I'm also one who loves the guy and his highlights reel at Villa will always be class; it will never not be outstanding.

But, his fitness, robustness, is not fit for Emery and it is unfortunate. Hopefully he smashes it at the Africa Cup of Nations, and then he gets a good move.

• Like 1

Â