Playstation 5

villarule123

54 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Finally got one! Had to get the £600+ Horizon bundle but it’s for my steplad and he wanted the pulse headset and the black side plates. Ordered it yesterday and it’s been dispatched arriving tomorrow.

Now, it gets worrying for me. They got the PS5 + Horizon for £520 so I’ve ordered it for myself but I’m worried they will cancel it as it’s the same name and my bank that’s paid for both so I’m worried they’ll think I’m trying to scalp. It says one per customer based on postcode/payment method etc so I’m scared they will cancel the ps5 I’ve bought for myself after getting one for my steplad. 

Do you think it’s worth emailing them to explain this?

Can you ring them up directly? Might be easier to do it over the phone.

If not, I would email to explain the situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Can you ring them up directly? Might be easier to do it over the phone.

If not, I would email to explain the situation.

They’ve already cancelled it…..

Luckily the missus got on it quick and ordered one in her name to our home address (steplad’s was in my name to my work address). Nobheads. Fingers crossed 🤞 

• Like 1

Just now, Ingram85 said:

They’ve already cancelled it…..

Luckily the missus got on it quick and ordered one in her name to our home address (steplad’s was in my name to my work address). Nobheads. Fingers crossed 🤞 

Nice. Scalpers have made it a nightmare for the rest of us to get hold of one.

I did what you did and got one in a big bundle.

It has certainly re-ignited by enjoyment of gaming. Even if it is spent alternating between Naughty Dog and From Software games.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Nice. Scalpers have made it a nightmare for the rest of us to get hold of one.

I did what you did and got one in a big bundle.

It has certainly re-ignited by enjoyment of gaming. Even if it is spent alternating between Naughty Dog and From Software games.

Enjoy.

Indeed. I feel for anyone who have mutiple kids who want their own consoles. First world problems I guess.

I’m mainly looking forward to playing Ghost of Tsushima as I’ve held off playing it on PS4. That and Ratchet & Clank. 

• Like 2

Ghost is brilliant, still not played R&C

Horizon is good it's too big, deathloop is still the best ps5 game for me but that's coming to one of the PSN+ options soon, I'd read up on that cos you don't want to buy something this month that's "free" next month 

Play astro bot

Thoughts on ps5 so far.

I’m really liking the menu ambiance music, very reminiscent of the PS2.

UI itself is a mixed bag, sleek minimal design which I like but it’s hard to navigate. Nothing is where it should logically be.  

Played Astrobot, very fun but the haptic stuff is waaaay overblown. It’s good don’t get me wrong but hardly the second coming of Christ. HD Rumble in the switch joy cons is just as cool. I think where the dual sense will excel is the resistive triggers. 

PS5 itself is huge. Bigger than I realised. May as well have a 90’s PC Tower lol. It’s still ugly as sin too. Gets a bit noisy at times when copying from disc but only compared to my XBSX. It’s virtually silent compared to ps4/pro. 

They've announced more games coming to the psn+ premium tier - returnal, RDR2, AC valhalla, ghost of tsushima, death stranding, demon souls, gravity rush 2, knack, guardians of the galaxy, both spiderman games 

In total there's 56 ps5/4 games available on it 

No last of us 2 though 

Edit - horizon FW, cyberpunk and wwe 2k22 confirmed for the trials too

Comes to Europe June 23rd

Edit 2 - the premium version comes with ubisoft+ too so there's 27 games tied in to that 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They've announced more games coming to the psn+ premium tier - returnal, RDR2, AC valhalla, ghost of tsushima, death stranding, demon souls, gravity rush 2, knack, guardians of the galaxy, both spiderman games 

In total there's 56 ps5/4 games available on it 

No last of us 2 though 

Edit - horizon FW, cyberpunk and wwe 2k22 confirmed for the trials too

Comes to Europe June 23rd

Edit 2 - the premium version comes with ubisoft+ too so there's 27 games tied in to that 

Ubisoft+ Classics is available for both the PS+ Extra and PS+ Premium tiers, so people don't need to pay for Premium to get access to those games if they don't want to. Which given how lacking the "classic games" line up is for PS+ Premium is a good thing.

I'll be going PS+ Extra when it launches. I don't see anything in the list of "classic games" that makes Premium worth playing for. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Ubisoft+ Classics is available for both the PS+ Extra and PS+ Premium tiers, so people don't need to pay for Premium to get access to those games if they don't want to. Which given how lacking the "classic games" line up is for PS+ Premium is a good thing.

I'll be going PS+ Extra when it launches. I don't see anything in the list of "classic games" that makes Premium worth playing for. 

Yeah I'll be the same, I'll keep an eye on the trials and maybe dip in and out if possible but extra will be enough for me 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Here's an interesting development re the new PS+ - legacy games are going to have trophy support. Whether it's all of them, or just some, is unclear; but Syphon Filter at the very least is amongst them.

• Like 2

On 23/05/2022 at 17:42, Ingram85 said:

Is battery life on the dual sense crap for everyone? Not impressed with that so far. 

Much better than the PS4 controllers for me.   But then my original PS4 controller is over 6 years old and my other controller is a Chinese knock-off.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

There's a state of play Thursday night, will focus on psvr2

Kinda interested in psvr2.  Enjoyed the first one for a bit but was a pain in the ass to setup all the time.   This one appears to have one wire which would be better. 

Ive got no interest in it if I'm honest but will probably watch it Friday in the hope of one non VR game being thrown in too

Was hoping for something more of I'm honest as an E3 alternative, maybe they'll add a couple of titles in to the summer of gaming thing and then a GoW state of player a month before that's released 

On 30/05/2022 at 17:39, dubbs said:

Kinda interested in psvr2.  Enjoyed the first one for a bit but was a pain in the ass to setup all the time.   This one appears to have one wire which would be better. 

Why does it have to have a wire at all?  Can’t it be wireless like the Quest.

Â