Emiliano Martínez

hippo

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He will leave at the first sniff of playing Champions League football for an elite club and it will be no surprise to realists, or anyone with a brain.

And we won't say no because we are a selling club.

Could be the harsh reality, I’ve cutler was still here he might have stayed another season 

If nothing else, it would be a bad business decision for another club to buy Emi now. His value has been artificially increased (temporarily)due to the hype around him and has 5.5 years to run on his contract. A club would probably have to pay 60-70m, at least, to get him. Oblak would be about the same price or less, but is a better player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

And we’re certain Martinez has no such clause? Or won’t have one inserted in the inevitable contract negotiations?

If he has a clause like Jack then awesome as it'll be set at a level far above his actual worth. 

Look this is football. If a top Champions League club meets our Valuation of Emi then we accept it. The price we set will be very high and if it's met it's a win for Villa. 

The fact he signed a 5 year deal this year means we'll get top money for him if anyone is determined to sign him. His performances for Villa over last 18 months are a million miles off Jack's performances in the 18 months before he was sold.

It's all complete speculation at this point anyway. 

1 hour ago, Woody1000 said:

I know it may sound like a controversial opinion, but some would say that selling Emi and replacing him with Bono would actually be an elevation for the club…

Some would say........a right load of old shite,  it's not just about the football, he's the most popular goalkeeper in world football, the second hottest property, the reason Argentina won the world cup , his value is far higher than a few missed kicks. He stays unless transfer records are shattered. 

He's shagged the hand of gold. 

3 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

I honestly believe he will leave - he wasn’t a World Cup winner back then. His agent will have plenty of offers to put to him imo ☹️

Luckily he's nowhere near as important to us as Grealish was.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Catapulted him to another 50 million on his price then.

His ability hasn't suddenly skyrocketed due to winning the World Cup.

Just his " star quality "

Agreed. He might actually be worse if his head is not in the right place.

I wouldn't be sad if we sold him, for big money of course.

Get someone who's good with his feet to replace Emi.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1

Â