Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Why can’t we we one of the best clubs eh?

Then we will have no problem keeping our best players. Especially the ones that have only had one bloody season with us!

Honestly… stop ruining these moments…

I’ll step in here just to add some support to the chap getting yelled at because I had a similar thing a while back… and not to speak for someone else but personally I’m not at all negative and am confident we WILL keep Martinez (and Grealish), it’s more just acknowledging that for the first time in my three decades supporting Villa we have at least two players who the likes of Real Madrid would be improved by and that bids will come in if they keep that form up on an international stage. There’s nothing negative about that at all, it’s a sign of how well we are doing and hopefully we just keep on improving and signing more of this quality - could Buendia be the next one of that standard?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

What a man and what a player! 👏

Just look at what moving to this club has done for his career 😉😆

And flipside to the point I just made is this… moving here has absolutely transformed his career and he seems the sort who might now stay forever. He’s clearly loving life. I think Mings would be captain if Jack wasn’t but I also think Martinez is a solid contender. Such a leader and such a high standard.

Arsenal what were you thinking?

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

What VAR confirmation was he waiting for with that last save?

Probably that his foot was still on or behind the line when the kick was taken.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

What VAR confirmation was he waiting for with that last save?

That he had a foot on the line when the penalty was taken. If neither foot is on the line, it would have to be retaken.

GKs have developed a new technique with VAR, whereby they drag a foot behind them, still on the line, whilst they advance to cut the angle of the penalty to increase their chances of saving it. 

It's this technique which Jorginho has ruined by his hop and pause technique when he takes a penalty.

• Like 1

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think it would be hard to top that.

More the strut Mr McGrath, more the strut.

I do love a good strut. Dean Smith's yesterday on the training video especially.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’ll step in here just to add some support to the chap getting yelled at because I had a similar thing a while back… and not to speak for someone else but personally I’m not at all negative and am confident we WILL keep Martinez (and Grealish), it’s more just acknowledging that for the first time in my three decades supporting Villa we have at least two players who the likes of Real Madrid would be improved by and that bids will come in if they keep that form up on an international stage. There’s nothing negative about that at all, it’s a sign of how well we are doing and hopefully we just keep on improving and signing more of this quality - could Buendia be the next one of that standard?

That would be fine but it isn’t usually along those lines. And it’s a common theme.

Again, it wasn’t strictly aimed at one guy and I’ve apologised to him.

It’s usually with the EXPECTANCY that we will inevitably or shortly lose these players. That we have no ability to hang onto them and are beneath them… that is what grates more than anything.

Small club mentality which truly isn’t befitting of us, not now…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

And flipside to the point I just made is this… moving here has absolutely transformed his career and he seems the sort who might now stay forever. He’s clearly loving life. I think Mings would be captain if Jack wasn’t but I also think Martinez is a solid contender. Such a leader and such a high standard.

Arsenal what were you thinking?

Hell Yeah Yes GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Emi Martinez this morning...

giphy.gif

Looks like how Smith walked into the training room yesterday in that Avfc video

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

That he had a foot on the line when the penalty was taken. If neither foot is on the line, it would have to be retaken.

GKs have developed a new technique with VAR, whereby they drag a foot behind them, still on the line, whilst they advance to cut the angle of the penalty to increase their chances of saving it. 

It's this technique which Jorginho has ruined by his hop and pause technique when he takes a penalty.

Balotelli I believe…

When was the last time we had players, who you can genuinely put in that class of best players in the league. 

With Emi and Jack, we have 2 amazing talents playing in the claret and blue. 

• Thanks 1

Do we think that was all Emi, or something he’s picked up from Cutler, considering how Steer was in the Championship play off semi?

Was great to watch this morning, but couldn’t help but think of Steer in that game.

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What. is wrong with us?

Why are we obsessed with selling our best players as soon as they perform well?

I can't wait for him to drop a changer or two so the " He overachieved last season and I can see why Arsenal got rid " posts start coming out.

We do realize that acquiring, and keeping good/great players is a part of the plan and how we improve right?

Small time/club mentality, scars of the past…

We really need to wake up and realise what kind of journey we are on and have been on… our recovery has been immense and our owners and manager have more than proved their ambition, credibility and integrity. Our upward trajectory is continuing with pace…

We’ve got to let go of the past and enjoy this moment, what is the point otherwise?

There is nothing wrong with positivity and optimism - it’s not blind faith!

It’s actually appropriate and worthwhile now.

This is a whole new and completely differently era for the club, we’ve taken our beatings but we’ve been given our treatment and our recovery is going very well indeed…

Shed the negativity and the hurt, cleanse your minds of it and look forwards with excitement and enthusiasm.

And..

UTV

Always

• Like 2

Â