Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Stand by it... 

Saving penalties doesn't change what Ederson and Allison can do with the ball at the feet and thr shape that their teams can play as a result 

No worries 👍

I’m just really quite delirious over the fact that we have a genuinely world class keeper on our hands. There isn't a single doubt about that.

Feeling all Nic Cage like 😂

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Every time I see posts like these I think of Claret and Blue podcast months ago saying Brummies are inherently negative bunch. 

200.gif

Absolutely, eternal pessimists.

Enjoy the moment and be positive. Ppl who piss themselves and roll out “he’ll be off then” every time one of our players has success.

We’re allowed to be good and have good players… this small time mentality just hold us back. The days of misery are over, come join the ride…

There is always a buzz kill or spoil sport… GTFO please.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Stand by it... 

Saving penalties doesn't change what Ederson and Allison can do with the ball at the feet and thr shape that their teams can play as a result 

Is Alisson really that good with his feet though? Ederson is **** unbelievable, granted. Best keeper with the ball at their feet I can remember. Better than peak Neuer and can also kick it the length of the pitch with both feet somehow.

But Alisson is barely above average with the ball imo. He looks absolutely dreadful when pressured as well. Remember when City pressed him this season and he gave it away like 5 times? I think two of them ended up in his net.

Martinez is at least as good, if not better than Alisson with his feet I'd say.

49 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What a man and what a player! 👏

Just look at what moving to this club has done for his career 😉😆

You’re welcome Emi 🤣

Seriously though, we are so fortunate to have an ELITE GK! Hopefully the team won’t be far off his level and we can make Europe.

With characters and talents like Emi in the squad, the sky really is the limit!

Love this guy, here’s to our future successes together! 

This. 

Our recruitment team have been amazing since NSWE have come in. They could sign Troy Deeney and I would still trust them (please don't sign Troy **** Deeney).

Edited by Pez1974
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Is Alisson really that good with his feet though? Ederson is **** unbelievable, granted. Best keeper with the ball at their feet I can remember. Better than peak Neuer and can also kick it the length of the pitch with both feet somehow.

But Alisson is barely above average with the ball imo. He looks absolutely dreadful when pressured as well. Remember when City pressed him this season and he gave it away like 5 times? I think two of them ended up in his net.

For me - Alisson is better, but knows it and this means he makes errors.
Emi is good, but isn't as confident (arrogant?), so his risk taking has a better balance. 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Let’s enjoy him whilst we can - if he takes this form into next season and then the World Cup, I imagine the world’s best clubs will come knocking (but admittedly it would take a mahoosive fee!) 

Get Out Episode 3 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, YouUnastanFren said:

more the positioning, think back to victor valdes and the old sweeper keeper stuff, neuer like you say too, wheres he's willing and able to stand at the edge of his box and offer himself as an outball when they're in possession and as a result they can play further up the pitch, like i said effectively becoming an 11th outfield player

we dont do that, might not be because of martinez it might be because of smith but i think the best keepers in the world and teams in the world tend to play in that manner now

look at italy last night, did donnarumma take a single long goal kick? the majority of them seemed to be chiellini passed it to him for him to play out from the back, varying degrees of success but donnarumma gives that ability 

im not knocking martinez i just think the best in the world stuff is overkill, id say the 2 brazilians, donnarumma, oblak, probably still neuer who was a top 10 player in the world the year before last, are all better than him, the chelsea keeper is underrated too...but same as when you talk about grealish and his position / ranking in world football, its pretty mad when you look at where we are and then look at where he is, we have a ESL (urgh...) level keeper on our hands

Let’s enjoy him whilst we can - if he takes this form into next season and then the World Cup, I imagine the world’s best clubs will come knocking (but admittedly it would take a mahoosive fee!) 

gtfo GIF
The Office Boomer GIF by MOODMAN

fresh prince of bel air gtfo GIF
Bye GIF by Tony Awards

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

This. 

Our recruitment team have been amazing since NSWE have come in. They could sign Troy Deeney and I would still trust them (please don't sign Troy **** Deeney).

do this to me anna torv GIF

• Haha 2

Why can’t we we one of the best clubs eh?

Then we will have no problem keeping our best players. Especially the ones that have only had one bloody season with us!

Honestly… stop ruining these moments…

Btw mate, this wasn’t strictly aimed at you. So apologies. Yours wasn’t the only comment along those lines.

Just my general frustration with a section of our fanbase.

Whenever we do well or a player excels, a few usually spoil the moment. It’s so unnecessary.

• Like 1

Â