Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Seems like Emi is the symbol of Argentinian football right now… maybe even more so than Messi? In this moment?

He’s certainly made a name for himself. Well done big man 👏

One more step to finish the job…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Seems like Emi is the symbol of Argentinian football right now… maybe even more so than Messi? In this moment?

He’s certainly made a name for himself. Well done big man 👏

One more step to finish the job…

No.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No.

In the moment, based on his heroics in the last game. As in the most popular or talked about player at this time.

They finally have a good keeper now.

Obviously Messi is their best player and some would argue their greatest, that’s not what I meant.

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

In the moment, based on his heroics in the last game. As in the most popular or talked about player at this time.

Obviously Messi is their best player and some would argue their greatest, that’s not what I meant.

On here, yes, but in Argentina I'd say that is still Messi. He has been crazily good in this tournament. I'd imagine that video focusing on him for the penalty shootout is as popular if not more in Argentina than the one of Martinez against Mina.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

On here, yes, but in Argentina I'd say that is still Messi. He has been crazily good in this tournament. I'd imagine that video focusing on him for the penalty shootout is as popular if not more in Argentina than the one of Martinez against Mina.

Sure, was just a question. I guess “symbol” was the wrong choice of word, when taken literally.

I just meant in the moment and after his heroics - he is responsible for taking them to the final and has been called a “phenomenon” by Messi himself.

Argentina, Messi & their fans have been through this before… flattered to deceive. Messi hasn’t always had the (complete) love of the fans either.

I have just seen a lot of buzz and adulation online, Emi has genuinely made a name for himself and is being loved, praised and adored by their fans.

But obviously, the greater and wider “stories” (that I wasn’t really referring to) are for Messi to finally win something with his country (would be a shame for such a magnificent player to fall short in that area and he is running out of time) and to win it for their greatest and most adored hero - Diego after his sad passing…

I really hope they can take that final step and achieve glory, they have a much better chance now with Emi…

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Still no. 

• Haha 3

Â