Emiliano Martínez

hippo

11 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

What did they say? They were moaning about how he saved three penalties!?

Emi was doing what players always have done for years, gamesmanship, verbal to put ones opponent off, make them nervous, in the end they still hit decent penalties but our man was superhuman. 

He's no man, he's a GOD

He sort of wasn't getting the credit that a top6 keeper would, saying it was out of order, very cheeky.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

What a player!

I know a lot of people deserve a lot of credit for this guy being at our club - but where to start?

Who watched him and decided that Arsenal's reserve keeper was probably the best keeper in the world (when seemingly all the top clubs didn't)?  
Is it Cutler who has taken him up another level?
Has Smith given him so much confidence?
Or is he some sort of God?

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Funny you should pop up, what would Emi's superhero name be?

Super Emi or for short, Semi 

Aroused Hard Ons GIF

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

What a player!

I know a lot of people deserve a lot of credit for this guy being at our club - but where to start?

Who watched him and decided that Arsenal's reserve keeper was probably the best keeper in the world (when seemingly all the top clubs didn't)?  
Is it Cutler who has taken him up another level?
Has Smith given him so much confidence?
Or is he some sort of God?

The latter.

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

As a long time Villa fan I'm now worried we'll lose him next summer... ☹

He spent 10yrs at Arsenal which shows a level of loyalty, and after we gave him the chance to become number 1 for club and country I fully expect him show that level of loyalty to us.

He isn’t going anywhere. PSG have just signed the Italian lad and City have Ederson (sp?)

There isn’t another club in world football that could afford him .

18 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

As a long time Villa fan I'm now worried we'll lose him next summer... ☹

Every time I see posts like these I think of Claret and Blue podcast months ago saying Brummies are inherently negative bunch. 

200.gif

Let’s enjoy him whilst we can - if he takes this form into next season and then the World Cup, I imagine the world’s best clubs will come knocking (but admittedly it would take a mahoosive fee!) 

Shades of Bosnich against Tranmere and Steer against the Baggies there in past Villa semi-final penalty shoot-outs. When the going gets tough, the tough get going. Wonderful stuff last night Emi. 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Â