Emiliano Martínez

hippo

I loved the second penalty, his instinct was to jump up and stop anyone knocking the rebound in until he realised.

The third against that dog Mina, no more Mr nice guy family man, that was Emi the killer and of course the last one, God I love this bloke.

Imagine having the greatest player of all time crying with joy and jumping on you're back because you are a God.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Top 3 best value for money signings ever. Maybe even top 1.

£20m. What a joke

Don’t think anything will top Laursen in that respect for me, but Emi has been incredible.

I actually thought £20m for Arsenal’s backup goalkeeper was pretty expensive.

WRONG. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Haha, Emi has gone full Lord Flasheart, Woof!

Was exactly my thought so I knocked this up on Giphy 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

giphy.gif

Couldn't believe it took Emi nearly a year to break into Argentina's first team after the season he had with us, but finally he has he's proving what a top GK he is. Could easily be their no 1 for the next 10 years.

For £20m he must go down as one of our best ever signings, I wouldn't sell him for quadruple that amount now. Definitely needs to be tied down to a new deal.

I'm really happy it's all worked out for him because he's a great human being as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Couldn't believe it took Emi nearly a year to break into Argentina's first team after the season he had with us, but finally he has he's proving what a top GK he is. Could easily be their no 1 for the next 10 years.

you would like to think that... the argie FA might have other plans

he has the messi seal of approval thats for sure

• Like 1

One word…..wow

New contract there as soon as he lands in Brum, with some soap for his thrash talking mouth too. 

I have to admit when watching the highlights I removed Mina in my mind and replaced him Fernandes and it was even sweeter.  

What a man.

If he stays around for a few seasons he has the talent to go down as one of our greatest ever keepers.

The trash talking before the penos is a sign of the huge growth in confidence he's had over the past year. 

Even sweeter that he backed it up!

Â