Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Huge performance today. Stepped up when we needed him most. 

I know they are flying in luxury and their diet, sleep etc is all set for them to minimise anything like jet lag but I will always be astonished at how players can turn out performances like that a few days after playing a huge match on the other side of the world. 

• Like 1

Just now, Adam2003 said:

I know they are flying in luxury and their diet, sleep etc is all set for them to minimise anything like jet lag but I will always be astonished at how players can turn out performances like that a few days after playing a huge match on the other side of the world. 

I think it's a bit easier when you're a goalkeeper, but yeah, no easy task. 

Talking about not getting the pludits, this guy does not get the recognition he deserves. Like I said in the match thread, all about Allison and that City guy. 

Arsenal wouldn't need 2 keepers if they kept this guy, something else the media never mention.

First save in the sequence is good play, but sort of lucky.  I don't mean that in a bad way, he makes himself big and makes the save - it's good, but "just" hits him...

...the one from Hojbjerg though, wow.

We had rank goalies for years at Villa. It has been a real problem position for us. All of a sudden this champ turns up and just makes it all look so easy. He is one of the greatest players ever to represent our club. We are so lucky to have him. He is absolutely box office in every way. I hope he never leaves. Legend.

• Like 3

Â