Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Emi does so much talking and organising from the back....his streetwise demeanor, give the back 4, confidence.

He is more than just a goalkeeper......His whole presence is like a defensive minder.

I would say he is possibly irreplaceable.

He is for us, like Shilton was for Nottingham Forest, in their Heyday.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, TRO said:

Emi does so much talking and organising from the back....his streetwise demeanor, give the back 4, confidence.

He is more than just a goalkeeper......His whole presence is like a defensive minder.

Yeah he's a big member of this team - we HAVE to win shit to keep him. Were a big team mate. Legend. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

For me, Emi is the first name on the team sheet and without doubt our most important player. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Set an argie record last night, not conceded in 622 minutes, 7 games since the WC

Not sure where they rate him in terms of GKs, I'm lazily and with a bias guessing he's widely acknowledged over there as their greatest ever GK?

Who else is in that conversation? Roa, pumpido, goycochea? Or some black and white footballers most wouldn't remember now?

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I prefer reading about this record without seeing the teams they played. :)

What a keeper.

Agreed.  There's quite a bit of below average dross there.... but in the context of an international record, presumably most of the historic counterparts for his position have had similar runs of opposition without keeping clean sheets so it's worth shouting about. 

• Like 1

On 13/10/2023 at 05:18, Vive_La_Villa said:

I prefer reading about this record without seeing the teams they played. :)

What a keeper.

Yeah, I want to know if he can do it on a rainy Tuesday night against the footballing powerhouses of Hungary or Iran

• Haha 1

Â