Emiliano Martínez

hippo

20 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Maybe the new goalkeeping coach has actually improved him? Probably more likely he has come back from the WC full of self belief.

Dare I say it but anyone think Emi is enough of a shithouse to have put a little less than 100% in under Gerrard because the players wanted him gone?

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Growing game after game, who's a better keeper than him? Unbelievable saves , dominant in the box, great as a sweeper. Just needs to add goals to his game and he's the complete keeper .

Any doubts the top top echelon of clubs might have had about him will be disappearing.  His form concerns me ! Because its too **** good !!

9 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Dare I say it but anyone think Emi is enough of a shithouse to have put a little less than 100% in under Gerrard because the players wanted him gone?

Nah, that would have involved him deliberately underperforming in the run up to the World Cup. Not going to happen. Plus, I think every goal he conceded bothers him immensely.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

No chance. He cares way too much to do something like that.

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Any doubts the top top echelon of clubs might have had about him will be disappearing.  His form concerns me ! Because its too **** good !!

We are the top top echelon of clubs.

• Like 1

One of these times it’s going to go wrong but we have to adapt or die. 

Long live Martinez the sweeper keeper! Giving us all heart attacks when he’s a good 40 yards off his line. 

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Turning into a Sweeper Keeper, I’d say he’s been working on it in training. 

He’ll have to, when we’re playing a high line the keeper must have his default position further up the pitch and also be ready to sweep. Really nice to see him do it so well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

No chance, he loves it here and wouldn’t want the team to lose. By playing badly it could also have affected his Argentina spot.

Â