Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I don't think it matters if he's back for Spurs.

We never beat them and feels to me like they are one of our biggest bogey teams.

19th May 21 Spurs 1-2 Villa

Would not say never 😜 

Also we always used to spank them in the 90s 00s

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

We never beat them and feels to me like they are one of our biggest bogey teams.

They are ALL bogey teams, if you don't get after them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Since we ended the Man Utd curse, I don't really see anyone as a bogey team. We've taken points off pretty much everyone in the last couple of years?

We need Emi back ASAP.

2 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This shows all of Emis mind games.  He won that World Cup for them make no mistake. 

He **** with the ref yet alone the french  

Interesting that people were slagging Emi off (even one Villa fan on here :rolleyes:) saying that kicking the ball away before the young lad took his penalty was unsporting etc. Well from that video, you can see that Lloris did exactly the same thing first to the previous Argentinian player and Emi was doing it get his own back.

I bet there will still be some giving the French and Lloris a halo though.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Interesting that people were slagging Emi off (even one Villa fan on here :rolleyes:) saying that kicking the ball away before the young lad took his penalty was unsporting etc. Well from that video, you can see that Lloris did exactly the same thing first to the previous Argentinian player and Emi was doing it get his own back.

I bet there will still be some giving the French and Lloris a halo though.......

To be fair, pretty sure that’s just where the ball travelled to after Martinez saved Comans shot… Lloris didn’t kick it there. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

To be fair, pretty sure that’s just where the ball travelled to after Martinez saved Comans shot… Lloris didn’t kick it there. 

Aha - on rewatching you are correct. It's weird watching Emi though, he seems to turn around and see the next Argie player running to retrieve the ball so maybe he though Lloris had done it?

Maybe I'm just clutching at straws.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Aha - on rewatching you are correct. It's weird watching Emi though, he seems to turn around and see the next Argie player running to retrieve the ball so maybe he though Lloris had done it?

Maybe I'm just clutching at straws.

Perhaps - Martinez throwing the ball away was quite the escalation from his previous tricks, but maybe it was something he planned to do all along and was the next step in the shithousery 101 guide book. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I was also thinking, what do the rules say if a goalie gets sent off in a shoot out? 

Are you allowed to sub in the reserve keeper? Or does an outfield player go in goals. 

Or do the opposition just shoot at an empty net :D

A player who finished the game would need to go in goal. 

Just checked what the rule is for an injured keeper - a sub can be made provided that the team still has substitutions to make. Otherwise an outfield player would need to go in instead. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

This isn't what happens. Unless I'm confused about the penalty you're talking about I saw Emi make a save—the ball goes off to the right of the goal—the Argentina player goes and picks it up from where Emi saved it and Lloris does nothing.

Â