Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yeah but this doesn't make him elite or world class he's only a good keeper 😜

Obviously one save doesn't make anyone world class. World class is operating at an elite level on a consistent basis.

5 hours ago, Villa87 said:

What do we make of Emery’s comments about his celebration antics in his press conference yesterday?

I think he kept his own counsel....but I think he will have a word.

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

just....just.....this save just has to be one of the single most important saves ever in a game of football.

• 3-3 in the world cup final.
  • 123 minutes gone.
  • no more than 60 seconds left of the game.
  • Your nation hasnt won a World Cup for nearly 40 years.
  • Messi's last World Cup, and able to put the Maradonna hoodoo to bed with Emi's help.
  • Emi living his literal dream, and going from reserve Arsenal keeper, to Copa America and World Champions within 18 months - 2 years.
  • Emi makes "that" save.

What an amazing story, its like a film script.

I honestly cant think of a more important/brilliant save in context (yes ofc - more "good saves" out there, but not in this context)

Surely somewhere someone has put the titanic music over this

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Now Patrick Viera is having his say, is there nothing else for these sad words removed to complain about? 

They all have a bias towards France.....They'll get over it.

........I think.

Love Emi to death but if we can get stupid money for him, there is only one choice IMO.

Reinvest into the rest of the squad and hopefully replace him with a very good keeper for a quarter of the price.

My biggest concern is losing his character, morale and continuity, but in Unai and NSWE we trust!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Zidane got sent off. Then France lost the game. 

He did but I think the media symphatised with him and even Sarkozy gave him some award after the final

Yet was a lot worse than what Emi did

On 23/12/2022 at 08:13, Zatman said:

What baggage and antics? 

Our previous captain done a lot worse

I see both sides of this story - personally I’d prefer Emi to wind his neck in and focus on being the best that he can be - he will now become a target for wind up merchants on the pitch - hopefully he will rise above this 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Was never this much criticism when Zidane headbutted somebody in the final

I don’t think we had social media back then like we do now. Everyone has an opinion now and it gets used for clicks by every 2bit football website. Had Zidane done that now it would have been spoken about a lot. 

It ain't Emi’s antics that’s an issue. It’s bloody social media! 

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Emery made a few comments about the celebrations and resting.

I'm all for enjoying yourself, get steaming, blow off steam, eat well, drink well but honestly he's starring to come across as an absolute bell.

What’s he done since somebody passed him a Mbappe doll which was nearly a week ago? 

It’s media and people making a big deal out of things. Guys just celebrating the biggest achievement of his footballers career.   The clips from his home town were really nice to see imo. 

7 hours ago, Villa87 said:

What do we make of Emery’s comments about his celebration antics in his press conference yesterday?

It was a question he had to have expected and he’d have been in full knowledge that no matter what he said somebody would twist it into an article where Emi Martinez’s name was the headline. He’s the flavour of the month at the moment so people will click on his name. 

It’s a total non issue though. Emery simply said he’d deal with the matter internally. Usually that means he’ll do nothing but at least the journalist got their quote.   It shouldn’t need to be pointed out on a Villa forum but Emery and Martinez have known each other for four or five years as they were at Arsenal together.  It’s not like they have no relationship simply because Emery has only been at Villa for five minutes. 

• Like 1

Â