Emiliano Martínez

hippo

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Love Emi to death but if we can get stupid money for him, there is only one choice IMO.

Reinvest into the rest of the squad and hopefully replace him with a very good keeper for a quarter of the price.

My biggest concern is losing his character, morale and continuity, but in Unai and NSWE we trust!

Not very often, in fact quite rare.....but I diasgree.

He is our recruiting Sargeant, now.....and his personality resonates around the dressing room.

I don't see where, we would get an adequate replacement.I think he is better than just Good.

I understand World cup winners will get over hyped, but he did make some game changing saves.

I think his perfomances for us, have been a bit mixed, but I also think we allow too many crosses to come in, which is a defence issue.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not very often, if fact quite rare.....but I diasgree.

He is our recruiting Sargeant, now.....and his personality resonates around the dressing room.

I don't see where, we would get an adequate replacement.I think he is better than just Good.

I understand World cup winners will get over hyped, but he did make some game changing saves.

I think his perfomances for us, have been a bit mixed, but I also think we allow too many crosses to come in, which is a defence issue.

In theory maybe but Emi Martinez will not be recruiting anyone if he's leaving in the next few months.

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In theory maybe but Emi Martinez will not be recruiting anyone if he's leaving in the next few months.

I don't think he will be leaving.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just read the French FA are making an official complaint about Martinez. 

If that's a true report all I can say is

spacer.png

The same French FA that had a delegation doing a jig in front of the Irish team bus after the Henry handball. 🤣 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ronaldo has been absolutely dragged through the mud for the past few weeks.

What is this victim complex a lot of Villa fans have

I think it’s just it’s got blown way out of proportion and dragged on far too long to be newsworthy, yet the press continue to point at it.  

I don’t think we have a victim complex at all. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

They have nothing to back this up but there has been a few noises now about Emery seemingly not fancying him

Bullshit story from his Arsenal days that they fell out

Emi was the first Arsenal player to apologise when he got sacked

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Not very often, if fact quite rare.....but I diasgree.

Don't get me wrong, in an ideal World we keep him. I more than understand his importance to the team as both a character as well as " glue ".

I don't want to lose him at all. However I believe there comes a time when we need to do a Value Vs Potential Vs Finances etc analysis and decide what is ultimately best for the club as a whole.

Seeing murmerings today that there is some sort of " gentleman's" agreement which permits him to talk if an " elite " club come in for him.

Anyway we shall see.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we had social media back then like we do now. Everyone has an opinion now and it gets used for clicks by every 2bit football website. Had Zidane done that now it would have been spoken about a lot. 

It ain't Emi’s antics that’s an issue. It’s bloody social media! 

It’s not though is it? His antics were there for all to see - The World Cup final is watched by billions world wide, the world and his dog have their opinion on this matter. I also think these days commentators and pundits are much more forthright in their views and are prepared to tell it as it is. Imo 

1 minute ago, ChesterDad said:

It’s not though is it? His antics were there for all to see - The World Cup final is watched by billions world wide, the world and his dog have their opinion on this matter. I also think these days commentators and pundits are much more forthright in their views and are prepared to tell it as it is. Imo 

My view would be that the British press are happy to slag off players who play for PL clubs, of middling status, but reluctant to do it for bigger clubs and higher-status players.

So when Mbappe mocked Kane for missing the penalty, there wasn't a fuss because they didn't want to sound like bad losers, but now they feel free to have a go at Matinez for mocking Mbappe, because he only plays for Villa.

Bruce Grobbelaar was always praised for his antics during a shoot-out which won Liverpool a trophy.

• Like 2

I think that if Brazil beat England in the final for example, and Ederson did the pelvic thrust onstage, had a mocking "moment of silence" for Harry Kane and carried a Harry Kane doll with him around Rio de Janeiro, many Villa fans would probably take a different view. The Emi antics are unseemly and not in a great sporting spirit. I can excuse on field antics. But the post game and parade stuff is just not winning with class. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Half the French bench were on the pitch in anticipation of a last second World Cup winning goal.

Then Emi said 'Not tonight, Josephine!'

Difficult to think of any other save that had everything - crucial match timing, difficulty and importance of tournament.

• Like 1

Â