Emiliano Martínez

hippo

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

At the top of his game I think he probably saves that Mbappe shot. He had no right to, but he still got a hand to it.

What's your overall point sorry? Just that you don't think he's very good? Has him waving a baby Mbappe doll around upset you?

My overall point is that because he's getting some attention, Villa fans are panicking about him leaving and in the process overestimating his value to us. He's a good keeper, he's not world class. As a few have said, he's been average for us this season, even poor on some of the goals he's conceded.

He should have saved at least one of the Saudi goals, and no right to get to the Mbappe one? It wasn't in the corner.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

My overall point is that because he's getting some attention, Villa fans are panicking about him leaving and in the process overestimating his value to us. He's a good keeper, he's not world class. As a few have said, he's been average for us this season, even poor on some of the goals he's conceded.

He should have saved at least one of the Saudi goals, and no right to get to the Mbappe one? It wasn't in the corner.

Mbappe goal was not unsaveable but nobody expected him to shoot from when he did so its hard for a keeper yo set themselves

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Mardy French, im shocked i tell you, shocked to my core!

Really.......I'm not.

I'm chuffed to bits.....why didn't they score like MBappe, the antics didn't affect him.....its sour grapes.....and after that/our ref, it was poetic justice.

I best say no more, about the France.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Stand in the square, in Buenos Aires and proclaim that

I have a friend who's married to an Argentinian lass. Saw them the other day, and she and I were a two-person Emi Martinez fan club. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

Stand in the square, in Buenos Aires and proclaim that.

I understand your point, but not a very good time to make it.

A - I'll pass on that thanks ;)

B - It's a great time to make it, people are desperately panicking that he's leaving

Edited by Tom13

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

A - I'll pass on that thanks ;)

B - It's a great time to make it, people are desperately panicking that he's leaving

He isn't leaving......and you can rule out a French club.

I would suspect he won't eat a Baguette after this.

49 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

His value to us isn’t just in his ability to make saves. It’s his mentality and he is one of the best keepers in the world when it comes to organising a defence. I’m 100% sure he’s been carrying an injury too hence his slight dip in form. 

• Like 2

Why have people completely ignored that that Romano, one of the most reliable journalists going, has said it looks like he's staying with us. A waste of time droning on about him leaving until we hear concrete news of a bid for him or him wanting to leave, the speculation at the moment is just empty and baseless.

• Like 1

His value to us can not be under estimated. He gives the whole back 4 confidence. Olsen creates panic and it tells with the goals we concede with him in goal. If Martinez was in goal against City on the last day Liverpool win the league imo. Suppose every cloud has a silver lining 😁

FC Bayern are not working to sign Dibu Emiliano Martínez despite links — no talks ongoing. 🔴🇦🇷 #FCBayern

Alexander Nübel and Yann Sommer are the two options for Bayern to replace Manuel Neuer. Martinez, expected to stay at Aston Villa. #AVFC pic.twitter.com/TkbBDPB5k5

— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) December 22, 2022
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Far to critical of Martinez. I don’t think any keeper would of saved Mbappe goal. He probably pulled off two of the three best saves at the WC against France and Australia. Then you have the penalties against France and Netherlands. Easily tripled his value as golden glove winner at WC and Copa America 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Henry handled the ball deliberately to score and deny Ireland in the World Cup playoffs.

That is actual cheating.

Emi is just building his aura at the moment so he can maintain a psychological edge over players in future. 

As Cutler said, Emi is at his best when he's borderline arrogance. It's how he operates and I'd rather him like that for us than go into his shell and apologize for anything.

Mbappe after all said Argentina weren't good enough and European teams were winning world cups. He ran his mouth before the final to get an edge as did Van Gaal for the Dutch 

spot on, thanks for reminding us of the ****houserey of others.

Double standards at work, me thinks.....the Frenchies have a hangover, from Sour grapes...too much Whining, pardon the pun.

Â