Emiliano Martínez

hippo

25 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

Is That Photo of him holding a baby Mbappe fake?

I was hoping so but it looks real. I was delighted with him the other night, the dancing and trophy antics were pretty cringe but nothing to get too bothered by. The minutes silence and doll thing for an amazing footballer that scored a hat trick against you is just embarrassing.

This will be the pinnacle of his career he should stop making it about other people.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Love the guy but he is a weird dude

Of course he is weird. He is an elite goalkeeper. Find me a normal person willing to put any part of their body in front of a 80km/hr shot over and over again. These guys aren't normal. You watch the superhuman stuff they do do every weekend and then think oh they are all just regular blokes afterwards. Nah. 

If MJ took a personality test he would probably test as a straight up sociopath. Look at Tiger. These dudes are just wired different. They have to be to succeed at the elite level. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rightdm00 said:

Of course he is weird. He is an elite goalkeeper. Find me a normal person willing to put any part of their body in front of a 80km/hr shot over and over again. These guys aren't normal. You watch the superhuman stuff they do do every weekend and then think oh they are all just regular blokes afterwards. Nah. 

If MJ took a personality test he would probably test as a straight up sociopath. Look at Tiger. These dudes are just wired different. They have to be to succeed at the elite level. 

Tiger's actually a pretty sound bloke. 

Apart from the sex addiction and relentless knobbing of over 5,000 hookers, strippers, other people's wives, any female but his own wife. But yeah... normal guy. Great Dad. 

• Haha 3

I can understand the concern but realistically, how many clubs would really try and buy Emi. A great keeper we all know but:

1. He's 30 so a few years left at the top level.

2. A top club needs to have a spot, many have keepers.

3. A club needs to pay what we think he's worth (given the above, bids are probably around the 20m mark and I don't see us selling for that).

28 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I can understand the concern but realistically, how many clubs would really try and buy Emi. A great keeper we all know but:

1. He's 30 so a few years left at the top level.

2. A top club needs to have a spot, many have keepers.

3. A club needs to pay what we think he's worth (given the above, bids are probably around the 20m mark and I don't see us selling for that).

I think there would be a whole heap of clubs willing to pay significantly more than the 20m we paid. He's probably not even peaked yet. 

That being said, we ain't selling him. 

• Like 1

It's not been discussed much, but is it just me that would be really disappointed if he wasn't available on boxing day? I know he's just won a world Cup and wants to celebrate, but I'm sorry its not the summer holidays, surely it's not too big an ask to only party for a week and still get back in time for Christmas and the boxing day game at the club that pays your wages? Especially as without that club he probably wouldn't be anywhere near the Argentina team

Obviously he'll want to be celebrating properly, but that's down to fifa for scheduling it in the middle of a season. If he's back and Emery doesn't play him as he's not 100% on it then fair enough, but if he's not back I'll be pretty disappointed in him I think, and I love Emi and really don't want to be annoyed at him! 

• Haha 1

There's footage of him doing a poop on M'Bappe's parents car whilst screaming  "Your son is a failure and I ate his lunch "   on Myspace apparently.

The club should be retweeting it soon with some heart eye emojis like a 14 year old Taylor Swift fan.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, weedman said:

It's not been discussed much, but is it just me that would be really disappointed if he wasn't available on boxing day? I know he's just won a world Cup and wants to celebrate, but I'm sorry its not the summer holidays, surely it's not too big an ask to only party for a week and still get back in time for Christmas and the boxing day game at the club that pays your wages? Especially as without that club he probably wouldn't be anywhere near the Argentina team

Obviously he'll want to be celebrating properly, but that's down to fifa for scheduling it in the middle of a season. If he's back and Emery doesn't play him as he's not 100% on it then fair enough, but if he's not back I'll be pretty disappointed in him I think, and I love Emi and really don't want to be annoyed at him! 

He won’t be back mate.  Hopefully back for Spurs. The partying is going to be ridiculous though. Imagine if Grealish was still around and England won it. We wouldn’t have seem him for weeks! 

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He won’t be back mate.  Hopefully back for Spurs. The partying is going to be ridiculous though. Imagine if Grealish was still around and England won it. We wouldn’t have seem him for weeks! 

So a normal Grealish holiday then

• Haha 2

Â