Emiliano Martínez

hippo

Emi to Spurs.... Hahahahaha.... 

Since he's been with us.... winning the Copa America and if he wins the WC tomorrow then we can safely say he'll never surpass that achievement anywhere. 

There is only one club that could guarantee him a CL medal at club level and it isn't in the UK. Our club will hold even more of a special connection for him if he picks up that winners medal tomorrow imo.

The place where his career finally lifted off and all his dreams came true. The club that gave him the platform to go down in Argentinian history. It maybe the Messi v Mbappe final tomorrow but non of it would have been possible without Aston Villa's Emi Martinez. He isn't going anywhere. 

2 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

He absolutely would, they’ve hated him since he left. Not saying he would go to Spurs but I don’t think the Arsenal history would hold him back if he was inclined to move.

Zeeee booossshhhhh

2 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Who was the last player Tottenham signed from Villa? Danny Blanchflower in the 50s??? 🤣 I know Brad Friedel went on a free to Tottenham but I can't remember a direct transfer to Spurs from Villa, especially in modern times.

Steve Hodge I believe made that dirty move 

• Like 1

Emi wouldn't walk out on a club that rescued his Premiership career and delivered him to the international stage. Without us he was a forgotten no-name third string keeper and he knows that.

He basically owes us and I have no doubt he'll be more than happy to stay here.

10 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Emi wouldn't walk out on a club that rescued his Premiership career and delivered him to the international stage. Without us he was a forgotten no-name third string keeper and he knows that.

I don’t think Emi is leaving in the slightest but no way am I believing the “owe the club from third string” argument.  

He’ll get a pay rise I guess as players tend to get after such adulation but I’m under no illusion if the likes of Liverpool or City didn’t have the keepers they did and they came for him, he’d be pushing heavily for the move.  

I don’t think there is a current big club out there going to pay the fee for him and I don’t believe in the loyalty argument either.  

I think he loves what the club have done for him but that wouldn’t stop him leaving for a second.

Thankfully I don’t think there is a brilliant chance out there for him so he’ll be sticking around.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Paul33 said:

There's a suggestion here that if Villa didn't buy him for 20 million he'd be working in McDonald's, which i don't think is likely.

Forgotten no name third string keeper that we paid 20 million for. It's quite a bizarre boast that we rescued him and he owes us.

If he leaves to go to Chelsea or whoever he'll owe us nothing. If we didn't buy him he had at least one other Premier league offer. 

I came in here (not literally, KW fans) to see the messages of support for our Emi ahead of the second biggest game of his life today (the first was his Villa debut obvs), but all I’m seeing is Villa fans selling him off! I know we’ve been burnt many, many times before, but please give it a break man. I don’t want to entertain the mere suggestion that he might leave yet.

For what it’s worth, he will 100% be here for the rest of the season, he’ll be part of our resurgence under Emery and he’ll be excited to see where we can go next season. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

Arsenal fans that have been booing him and giving him stick online since he left

Arsenal fans loved him and wished him well when he left but they turned on him when he gave an interview badmouthing his time at the club. 

Good Luck to Emi today. He’s clearly a very emotional guy so will be devastated if they lose. If they win he has arguably been one of the most pivotal players and In some ways their missing link in them finally securing both a Copa and a World Cup.  

To think only 4 years ago he was Arsenal reserve and loaned out to Championship clubs.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

Â