Emiliano Martínez

hippo

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Seems he is being linked with spurs today. Lloris is 36 so yeah they will be on lookout for him. I dont think spurs could afford him and i dont think he woukd be interested going there woth his links at arsenal too.

But i agree cant see many clubs paying what we would want for him luckily enough. I think the Moroccan keeper is going to be in high demand and a lot cheaper

I don't think they'd pay what we would demand, which could be as high as £80m as we have no reason to sell, and he is on a long contact.  There will be much cheaper options for Spurs, possibly someone like Oblak who's contract is running down and seems to want a new challenge.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Does he have a bad relationship with emery 😞

I've read that but think it's all BS.  When Emery was sacked from Arsenal, Martinez was one of the few players that thanks him on social media.  Don't think he'd have done that if they had a bad relationship.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

His profile is huge at the moment, just having him around may be seen as a pull to potential signings in a similar way that having Grealish did.

I'd actually be more devastated if we lost Emi than I was when we lost Jack.  Elite goalkeepers are as rare as hens' teeth.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, duke313 said:

It will be ultimately up to Emi weather the plays against Liverpool or not,

Why is it up to him, am I missing something don't we pay his wages?

56 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s just making a joke. He’s a comedy-based presenter saying a silly semi-ironic thing. We might think the joke hasn’t landed but no point thinking about it beyond that. 

Edit: @sparrow1988 just said a similar thing, sorry, will teach me to read to the end of the thread!

It definitely hasn't landed then 😅

Is this what passes for comedy now? Christ 

30 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

His profile is huge at the moment, just having him around may be seen as a pull to potential signings in a similar way that having Grealish did.

Yes, we really need to step up though to keep him. He is tasting so much glory with Argentina in the last two years. We cant just continue to finish 12th and expect to keep him.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I've read that but think it's all BS.  When Emery was sacked from Arsenal, Martinez was one of the few players that thanks him on social media.  Don't think he'd have done that if they had a bad relationship.

He also continued following him on IG, and was liking his posts before he even came to Villa, so yes, it's BS.

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Yes, we really need to step up though to keep him. He is tasting so much glory with Argentina in the last two years. We cant just continue to finish 12th and expect to keep him.

I think we are ok short term, as I think he will be loyal to us. His move to Villa and regular football was the reason he got into the national team. 

I wonder if there are wider ramifications should Argentina win on Sunday.

Internally it would surely be a source of huge inspiration for both the experienced pro’s and the youth coming through to see a World Cup winners’ medal in the dressing room. Externally it could be even bigger, if Emi can show the world that you can play for Aston Villa and still win the biggest prize on the planet that could be a big help in us attracting good quality going forward.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I  think its likely though that big bids are going to be coming in for him after his semi final performance and if he has a good game in the final i could see some big offers coming in for him.

From who? None of the clubs with big money in Europe need a keeper.  Bayern are the only ones and are discussing with another keeper.  I would agree if there was any clubs needing a keeper but there isn’t, they all have their own top notch keeper at the moment.

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

From who? None of the clubs with big money in Europe need a keeper.  Bayern are the only ones and are discussing with another keeper.  I would agree if there was any clubs needing a keeper but there isn’t, they all have their own top notch keeper at the moment.

Spurs utd being two on top my head maybe even chelsea as mendys finished there and kepa is kepa

Edited by Demitri_C

Â