Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

After their hero-worshipping article on Lloris the other day I assumed the Guardian were just going to ignore Emi, but in fact they've proved me wrong:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/dec/17/emiliano-martinez-as-likely-as-lionel-messi-argentina-x-factor-world-cup

He’s been the difference for me over the past 2 years. They’ve always had decent outfield players but shit goalies. You cant win these big tournaments with shit goalies. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Must be the easiest half of football he's ever  played 

Southampton at home this season he barely touched the ball all game as can't remember one decent attack they had (we weren't much better). This incredibly looks very similar although France will have a 10 minute spell at some stage surely.

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Has anyone listened to the recent MOMS podcast?

They're convinced Emi winning the World Cup will mean he will want to leave Villa immediately.

Cynical, miserable and pessimistic ****.

Yes, it was mentioned on a previous show too. In think it’s down to the inbuilt pessimism most of us have, we’ve been burnt many times before. I don’t think Emi will go in the short term, but if the club were to sell it would be for huge money..

Â