The AVFC FFP thread

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

This.

Can somebody please tell me if we can blow a load of money on players or not? 

We have to estimate this seasons accounts too unfortunately to make the assessment. I think this season accounts are good because of Ings and Chuk sales and loan fees for players gone out. 

So the three years to end of this year's accounts will be plenty of headroom for us. 

2 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Why wouldn't it?

Only academy, women football, charity costs and stadium/facilities capital expenditure doesn't count.

Unless it was agreed to be paid by the owners directly, not by the club.

If club is paying it, it should be listed somewhere in accounts.

It'll probably be owners company and not the club directly as it was part of the club acquisition 

4 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Accounts are out. We made a pre tax profit of 600k . 

Accounts aren't quite out yet - the club have given their headline figures but we await the actual accounts hitting companies house website.

34 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

It'll probably be owners company and not the club directly as it was part of the club acquisition 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2023/march/01/aston-villa-group-end-of-year-accounts/

Exceptional administrative expenses included a payment of £10m to Randolph D Lerner following the retaining of Premier League status for the third consecutive season since promotion. This payment was due as per the agreement entered into when Recon Group Ltd bought the Club in 2016 and provided that if Recon Group and its Guarantor – Jian Tong Xia – failed to pay the sum, it would fall to the Club to settle the liability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Thought crossed my mind but haven't looked into it yet.

The wording of the article would certainly suggest that they talking about £203m cash outflow, which includes addons and installments from previous transfers as well. That puts into perspective claims of some "net spend experts" that we didn't spend more cash than we got for grealish...looks like we forked out another £100m last season.

There's no word about amortisation, but this line looks very encouraging "Wages costs stayed stable at £137m"

Now, I'm hoping that this 400k profit doesn't include £100m we got for grealish 😊 if it does....than its not pretty, and our operating loss was £100m 🤷‍♂️ but seeing we only turned over £178.4m i see it highly unlikely we made a profit on such a low turnover without inclusion of player sales into equation...

Edited by Czarnikjak

11 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

The wording of the article would certainly suggest that they talking about £203m cash outflow, which includes addons and installments from previous transfers as well. That puts into perspective claims of some "net spend experts" that we didn't spend more cash than we got for grealish...looks like we forked out another £100m last season.

There's no word about amortisation, but this line looks very encouraging "Wages costs stayed stable at £137m"

Now, I'm hoping that this 400k profit doesn't include £100m we got for grealish 😊 if it does....than its not pretty, and our operating loss was £100m 🤷‍♂️ but seeing we only turned over £178.4m i see it highly unlikely we made a profit on such a low turnover without inclusion of player sales into equation...

If we hadn't sold Grealish I'd imagine we wouldn't have signed Ings, Bailey and Buendia.

4 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

If we hadn't sold Grealish I'd imagine we wouldn't have signed Ings, Bailey and Buendia.

It's certainly true for Ings, most likely for Bailey, but not for Buendia. We had ffp headroom at that point to sign him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It's certainly true for Ings, most likely for Bailey, but not for Buendia. We had ffp headroom at that point to sign him.

Agree

Buendia, or the player that we thought Buendia would be, is exactly what we needed with grealish, that 5 to 10 yard out ball playing off him bit like Barkley was until he decided to retire

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

Carlos, Coutinho were both in the seasons accounts for sure. That's why we signed them early before end of our accounts. 

Ings, Bailey, Buendia, Digne, Carlos, Coutinho, Chambers and maybe Olsen? That still doesn't make the £203m though. Maybe sign on fee for Kamara? Maybe youth players and Loan fees?

Edited by CVByrne

For sure I was expecting wages to stay stable. Doesn’t have any bearing on the amortisation though which must have increase more than I’d expected.

Now, I'm hoping that this 400k profit doesn't include £100m we got for grealish 😊

Zero chance that is the case.

Wouldn’t say our turnover was low either. It was higher than I expected, an only decrease from prior year because prior year was very inflated due to Covid timing impacts.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Carlos, Coutinho were both in the seasons accounts for sure. That's why we signed them early before end of our accounts. 

Carlos was signed in June after the accounting period in question. Coutinho there may be some impact. But however it’s built up, the £200m doesn’t tell us much on its own regarding ffp.

I think that just for Lucas Digne. Anyone know what the rest are being paid? 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, MaVilla said:

that doesnt sound anywhere near the 100-150m a lot of ppl were hoping for?

85m wont go far for a team revamp.

it is 85m of 1 year amortisation...... not an 85 million transfer spend., they could quite literally spend 300m easily if the owners wanted to do a cash injection

Â