The AVFC FFP thread

19 hours ago, allani said:

But what the salary list shows me more than anything is just how corrupt FFP really is - when "financial fair play" allows the top 4 to spend more than double the wages of well-established PL clubs and multiple times that of some clubs in the league.  I understand the need to ensure that clubs don't go bankrupt if they get relegated but at the same time it is killing the ability for clubs to compete on anything like an even playing field.

It's worse than that - it completely ignores debt, so a club like Man Utd can be a billion pounds in debt while paying three times the amount a team in the same division with no debt can be paying. It's not about protecting teams from bankruptcy, certainly at this level at least.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, ender4 said:

About £200m loss.

New set of accounts should be published within next month or two, that should give us more up to date view of where we are.

Last year's amortisation figures were surprisingly low, will see what Purslow has conjured this time around.

• Like 1

Premier League and Football League need to stop pretending they give a **** about operational losses and "fairness". Just look at how Chelsea are cooking their books, it's disgusting. 

Game is deeply corrupt.

Edited by est1874

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

New set of accounts should be published within next month or two, that should give us more up to date view of where we are.

Last year's amortisation figures were surprisingly low, will see what Purslow has conjured this time around.

From memory we amortised more than a flat level over the contract? ie we wrote down more of the player amortisation early

All they want to do is keep the same six now soon to be 7 teams in power. They just need the cannon fodder like villa to win against one of them so often so they can continue to sell the best league in the world narrative to the rest of the world

Just now, CVByrne said:

As of end of the season in 21 and includes Covid losses. So doesn't account for Grealish sale in summer 21 onwards.

Yes good point. 21/22 should show a very good profit even with our spending on Bailey, Ings, and so on. 

It’ll be interesting to see if we have a profit and therefore opens up a possibility to really spend on the summer.  However we’ve spent heavily over the last 12 months as well so maybe not as good as I’m thinking.

Swiss Ramble had a thing last year about the accounts of Everton. 

21/22 season for us we'll be in profit thanks to Jack's sale. 22/23 would likely around even or in profit. The really bad years are rolling off. I'd say we've a lot of FFP room atm. 

Cash, Martinez, Mings, Ramsey, Konsa, Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Young, Olsen, Chambers all have zero or near enough to zero transfer fee amortisation left on contracts. So they cost us wages only essentially. It's a  critically important phase of the squad development cycle for us. 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

From memory we amortised more than a flat level over the contract? ie we wrote down more of the player amortisation early

It wasn’t specifically mentioned that it was the case, but looking at the numbers it’s plausible. Frankly I see no other explanation why our amortisation went down while we were adding more players to the squad. There was no write downs or impairment charges due to COVID for example.

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

It wasn’t specifically mentioned that it was the case, but looking at the numbers it’s plausible. Frankly I see no other explanation why our amortisation went down while we were adding more players to the squad. There was no write downs or impairment charges due to COVID for example.

It makes financial sense to maximise our allowance for that year in the knowledge we were going to be in profit the following tax year due the the Grealish sale

Â