Callum Wilson

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

14 goals. 9 assists. The season prior.

28 years old. No major injury in years.

Aye. He's finished!

Yes, I think he’s clear of his ACL, and yes he’s only 28 years old. 

But, I think the point about Wilson is he wants to leave / has a release clause.

So for once I’d like us not to get fleeced in the transfer market.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we don’t sign him and another Premier league clubs does we will regret it. I can guarantee that. 

My thoughts exactly. Could you imagine the uproar if we saw a team in and around us signing Wilson for under 20m, and we had signed no striker. He will get goals for us.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

You mean the Burnley that just finished in the top half (again)? I wish.

Do you not want better than that, just mid table obscurity for villa

yeah that great, but I want to be mid table and raising. Not mid table and that’s our lot. 

these “prem experienced players” are not ambitious signings. They are fine for safety, but after that they are useless. Wasted signing if he’s he just brought in to keep us safe. Watkins will do the same job, and more likely improve as he’s doing it. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If we don’t sign him and another Premier league clubs does we will regret it. I can guarantee that. 

I’d like to think our new setup would mean we wouldn’t regret not signing the likes of Wilson personally. So far it’s all a bit meh but still some time to go.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

yeah that great, but I want to be mid table and raising. Not mid table and that’s our lot. 

these “prem experienced players” are not ambitious signings. They are fine for safety, but after that they are useless. Wasted signing if he’s he just brought in to keep us safe. Watkins will do the same job, and more likely improve as he’s doing it. 

Wesley had a lot of pressure on him last season to score the goals. Maybe the idea is to have both Watkins and Wilson so there’s not so much pressure on one player. If anything it’d help Watkins development not to be put under too much stress too early. I imagine the Holte End sounds pretty loud down there when you’re not playing too well.

• Like 1

Yeah no you're right, let's just shoot up straight to the top 4 after surviving on the last day last season. We're Aston Villa after all!

Midtable "obscurity" would be a massive improvement on "our lot" over the past decade. 2011 was the last time we've achieved it and even that season we were battling relegation for the majority of it. Since then we spent 3 years in the Championship, only just coming up and once again almost getting relegated. Yes I'd absolutely take midtable obscurity if it were on offer.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

As a Cestrian I know the dark side of the border past Pulford 

Haha, I forgot about that Hancock rant. One of the other drivers was a Cestrian. Really good guy and it was nice to discuss footy with the opposition without any of that bile that gets brought in to it. 

Oh for days of derbies in League 2 again! 

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Yeah no you're right, let's just shoot up straight to the top 4 after surviving on the last day last season. We're Aston Villa after all!

Midtable "obscurity" would be a massive improvement on "our lot" over the past decade. 2011 was the last time we've achieved it and even that season we were battling relegation for the majority of it. Since then we spent 3 years in the Championship, only just coming up and once again almost getting relegated. Yes I'd absolutely take midtable obscurity if it were on offer.

I’m not talking about this season. This season I’m happy with a safer safe, or better. However, I want it done with the sense of we are getting better. A team of players  stepping up each season. 

that’s easier said than done, yet it’s harder when we signing players that ain’t going to get better. The “premier experience players” we get linked with is just that. They never going to get better and villa be midtable at best for the long haul. 

• Like 1

I’m not talking about this season. This season I’m happy with a safer safe, or better. However, I want it done with the sense of we are getting better. A team of players  stepping up each season. 

that’s easier said than done, yet it’s harder when we signing players that ain’t going to get better. The “premier experience players” we get linked with is just that. They never going to get better and villa be midtable at best for the long haul. 

We are signing him this season though? At 28, he's hardly one for the future is he? If he leads us to midtable over the next couple of season, it's job done isn't it?

If we improve on last season, doesn't that mean we're getting better? Experienced PL players are a damn sight better than most of what we have now, so why not make us better by bringing them in? It's a gradual process. It doesn't mean we're going to be buying this caliber of player forever, but you need to crawl before you can walk. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Haha, I forgot about that Hancock rant. One of the other drivers was a Cestrian. Really good guy and it was nice to discuss footy with the opposition without any of that bile that gets brought in to it. 

Oh for days of derbies in League 2 again! 

A shame they ended up like this

4ABC0AC9-37BA-40A3-AB8A-17AD1538B673.jpeg

Edited by Sid4ever
Picture
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We are signing him this season though? At 28, he's hardly one for the future is he? If he leads us to midtable over the next couple of season, it's job done isn't it?

If we improve on last season, doesn't that mean we're getting better? Experienced PL players are a damn sight better than most of what we have now, so why not make us better by bringing them in? It's a gradual process. It doesn't mean we're going to be buying this caliber of player forever, but you need to crawl before you can walk. 

I hope you’re right. 
Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I want a striker for now and at a push next season. Smith is getting hounded for results in the here and now, not for the future when last seasons signings will be better. 

• Like 1