Matty Cash

paul514

Spurs fans losing their minds in anger at Cash. It was a poorly timed tackle and a deserved yellow card but it wasn’t that bad. Was it even the Cash tackle that did it as he played on for a while after? 
I get their frustration to a degree tho. If Ben Mee took out another one of our players we’d be raging.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, picicata said:

The Spurs fans seem convinced that Romero will be aiming for revenge on Cash in the return fixture but that misses several important points. First, there is every chance Romero will be banned again for one of his many hacking crazy fouls. Second, that Romero is in control enough of himself to target Cash, he might injure Cash but only as part of his normal kick everyone game. And third, I'm almost certain we'll have a new right back by the return fixture.

Also if their CB wants to chase our RB then go for it because that’ll leave big spaces for Diaby and Watkins to exploit.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Spurs fans losing their minds in anger at Cash. It was a poorly timed tackle and a deserved yellow card but it wasn’t that bad. Was it even the Cash tackle that did it as he played on for a while after? 
I get their frustration to a degree tho. If Ben Mee took out another one of our players we’d be raging.

It was a poorly timed tackle and a definite yellow. The tackle of a player not coping with his role or pace of the game. But bringing a player back for his first game that was played at such an intense pace didn't help. Nor, I suspect, did him not finishing getting full treatment and jumping up to walk on it and berating Cash. Surely that added more weight to the area and damage?!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

It was a poorly timed tackle and a definite yellow. The tackle of a player not coping with his role or pace of the game. But bringing a player back for his first game that was played at such an intense pace didn't help. Nor, I suspect, did him not finishing getting full treatment and jumping up to walk on it and berating Cash. Surely that added more weight to the area and damage?!

Also he was walking about after the game. He didn't have a boot on. Just terrible management by spurs. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

I think you make some good points - and let’s be fair, Cash is not the sort of player to set out to deliberately hurt another player.

Mistimed, awkward, poorly judged - Call it what you will, intentional never.

Spuds fans will be upset at losing another player, and I don’t blame them but it’s football and we as much as anyone have a right to curse our luck.

Â